Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 10:40 AM

16 posts, read 18,797 times

Advertisements

The fact is, a big change is coming, and there is no doubt about that. Whether or not you're a nutjob or the most level headed guy on the planet, you have to realize peak oil is coming (or has come), and we might not feel it for a while, but it's going to start seriously changing the way the world operates in a couple of decades. Whether or not some super mega world ending depression comes, there is, without doubt, going to be an oil crises in our time.

Which sucks. I don't see why the survivalists don't rant about that. If they did, no one could argue with them, like they can with the economy. They could just bust in here, say the world is going to get messed up because of oil dependancy, win any argument held shortly after, and leave. Seems easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 11:01 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinsonCrusoe View Post
We get it.

Plus, they are all coming from the same people. Jimhcom and Tightwad are responsible for fully 35% of all threads just on this first page alone.
Money and politics are never topics that are good news by the nature of the subject matter. Both are a form of civilized warfare that people must be constantly aware of or they will suffer indignities of said warfare through loss of rights and/or living standard.

The citizens of any nation can not afford to go to sleep or they will wake up as slaves to the system.

FWIW I don't like much of the subject matter I post but it is what it is and people at least need to be aware of the forces impacting their lives.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:05 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Life must really suck to be that paranoid.
Well every forum has its resident spammers.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them were shills trying to drum up "internet hits" to boost their advertising dollar value.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:20 AM

329 posts, read 1,047,144 times
jim you can say whatever you want. you can post a new thread every second about how Obama's in bed with Lord Xenu and how their nonstop fornication causes oil reserves to magically evaporate, which will inevitably lead to $10/gallon for oil. can't stop ya and don't want to.

i am merely voicing my own opinion that your crap fear-mongering threads prevent me from getting to good, thought-provoking ones.

i have to scroll further and further back because you and tightwad keep pretending to be America's brave martyrs who have to defend the principles of the Constitution because no one else will.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:03 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
This is interesting... In all the time I have participated in this forum, I have never suggested that anyone of a opposing viewpoint not present their point of view. I may not agree with what some people say on the forum but I always respect a person’s right to express it. After all that is what this country is all about. Freedom.
I must admit, and will no doubt be accused of being a tin foil hat for saying so, but it makes me really wonder what the agenda is of people who would stifle the right of others to speak or present their views. They clearly do not subscribe to the principals of the Constitution, or the principals and foundations of the United States and what it stands for, so what exactly do they believe, and what is their agenda?
I am a doom and gloomer myself. I am not much for starting threads, but maybe the next thread should read.....

Stop with the US-is-recovering-threads.

P.S. this would be just to upset the misinformed OP and the likes for starting an idiotic thread like this.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:44 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,103,214 times
Can we also stop with the rich people are evil threads?

Old 10-01-2010, 12:59 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
$10 a gallon gas? Never happen. What will happen is that the price will decline again. I bet we are way under $3 a gallon within a couple years.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:12 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,936 times
Doom and gloom is much easier than hard analysis.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:04 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times
Quote:
jim you can say whatever you want. you can post a new thread every second about how Obama's in bed with Lord Xenu and how their nonstop fornication causes oil reserves to magically evaporate, which will inevitably lead to $10/gallon for oil. can't stop ya and don't want to.

i am merely voicing my own opinion that your crap fear-mongering threads prevent me from getting to good, thought-provoking ones.

i have to scroll further and further back because you and tightwad keep pretending to be America's brave martyrs who have to defend the principles of the Constitution because no one else will.
Becareful please. Even though there is a lot of unfounded doom and gloom on this and the P & C forum. You can't personally attack folks.

And while as I said there is alot of unfounded threads here there usually a better brand of poster here than the P & C forum overall. There have been many tries at blaming bush, blaming obama, Congress, the senate, the alignment of mars in relationship to Jupiter to our economic woes. But most times these trolls are called out and/or ignored. To be honest why worry about it. It's just a internet chatroom. What significance do these treads really have on your life? Probably pretty much of nothing is my guess. In the upside is you get some really good posters that have some good perspectives and/or ideas to help peoples understanding both personally and on an macro level. Yeah there a lot of crap (like in most chatrooms) you have to sort through but most times it worth it to find a gem.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:23 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Quote:

After reading some of your posts, I understand how my posts could add to your frustration. But on the bright side, even if you never achieve any degree success in your life, at least you have wealthy parents, and eventually can benefit from theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics