U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-29-2010, 04:21 PM

74,461 posts, read 34,674,611 times
Good charts..lots of face time and tell them what they want to hear regardless if the project is really doing that. Then blame someone else for your troubles and get a transfer to the next job before it blows up so you can huff and puff about the great project you worked on.

I made it to a certain level and then refused to play the game. "Just tell them that we're behind 2 weeks" and let the sh*t fall where it may. No, no can't do that. Date takes all precedence over quality or content.

Fine..then just let me sit in my office and write code which they did.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 10:42 PM

310 posts, read 391,271 times
First, you have to decide what type of person you want to be. Do you want to sell your soul and possibly commit crimes to ascend quickly, or do you prefer to have a clean conscience and no criminal record? Do you want to work 80-hour weeks or spend time with family and hobbies? Do you want expensive material things or simply nice things?

I agree with others who stated working well with others is as or more important than your professional abilities.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics