Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 11:43 PM

23,211 posts, read 29,023,557 times

Advertisements

If I had the money to invest, I'd scoop up some of these older 40's, 50's style motels, many of which have been turned into monthly rentals. When I travel, I only stay in these places.

I'm a smoker, refuse to smoke in my own room, want to step outside my room to smoke on a hall-like walkway, or outside the room. Many of these older motels have a sitting area outside the room with an outdoor light so I can read as well, breathe some fresh air.

I avoid all these newer motels/hotels without so much as an outdoor walkway.
Even at $20 a nite, they ain't gonna get me to stay there! And if they have hermetically sealed windows, Yikes! that's like staying in a prison cell!

Old 01-28-2011, 06:27 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,102,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
If I had the money to invest, I'd scoop up some of these older 40's, 50's style motels, many of which have been turned into monthly rentals. When I travel, I only stay in these places.

I'm a smoker, refuse to smoke in my own room, want to step outside my room to smoke on a hall-like walkway, or outside the room. Many of these older motels have a sitting area outside the room with an outdoor light so I can read as well, breathe some fresh air.

Even at $20 a nite, they ain't gonna get me to stay there! And if they have hermetically sealed windows, Yikes! that's like staying in a prison cell!
Well, ok then. I doubt you travel much in the northeast especially in the summer when the skeeters are out. They love someone sitting out at night under a light reading. Makes multiple bites so easy.

As for smoking into the no-longer-fresh air. Makes ya wonder. BTW, I smoked (yup, past tense) for 44 years.

Old 12-16-2023, 10:20 PM

2 posts, read 907 times
Default For BMW

Which brand did the hotel turn into and what name of the property is it now?

Old 12-16-2023, 10:30 PM

2 posts, read 907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

Define hermetically sealed windows in the exact motels that you remember looking at.

Old 12-17-2023, 07:22 AM

2,746 posts, read 1,780,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I might be purchasing a hotel within the next month that needs to be re-branded. It's a mid-budget property that has been approved for Baymont Inn and Suites and Quality Inn. Baymont is a part of the Wyndham Family and Quality Inn is a part of the Choice Family.

Please let me know which brand and family you prefer. The clientele are mostly business travelers.

The PIP list is around $150k for Baymont and $300k for Quality Inn.

Thanks!
Personally I've found customer support from Choice to be abysmal. There is only 1 hotel in my hometown, a Sleep Inn, and when I go home to visit I had always stayed at this hotel. Last time I tried to book a room I had problems logging into my account, there support was unable to fix the problem. When I then tried just booking the stay over the phone the rep could not articulate the cost using points. I wanted to book a 6 night stay and she kept giving me rates for one of the nights in that stay.

I wound up booking a hotel 10 miles away because I was determined they were never getting another dime of my money.

Old 12-17-2023, 07:36 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,572,016 times
Just in case the new replies are missing it, this thread has been bumped but was started in 2011

Old 12-17-2023, 08:14 AM

2,020 posts, read 979,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mataboi27 View Post
Which brand did the hotel turn into and what name of the property is it now?
You registered to ask this? Thread is 13 years old
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics