Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 01:12 PM

26,373 posts, read 46,217,550 times

Advertisements

As recovery lags, corporations prosper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 04:56 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,608,323 times
I really abhor such populist waste of article space

Corporations are global.

And they burn the midnight oil to deliver the returns to people who matter the most - their investors, who also come from around the globe.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:27 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,496,294 times
Yep its a global market with the majority of large corporations.ven people here with any kind of investment such as IRA are gainig from the growth in emerging economies.That is why even a small player like greece as a effrect when they have debt problems also.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,820,974 times
My wife and I were just talking about this! Companies are making record earnings/profits while the rest of Americans see no pay raises, no bonuses, fewer amenities, higher costs/rising prices of G&S, FEWER jobs/more unemployment, and so on and so forth. It doesn't seem fair or right, but is anyone seriously surprised anymore? I am DONE with Corporate America....DONE! I am determined to make my own way and start my own business and build it with the values that I feel are most important to myself, but also my customers and America as a whole. Maybe, if I get lucky and the business prospers, I'll be greedy and soul-less like the rest of these guys, but my hope is I can set the standard (in the smallest of ways) for how business should be done -- TO BENEFIT EVERYONE AND ADD VALUE!

Old 07-07-2011, 08:14 AM

1,802 posts, read 3,170,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
It doesn't seem fair
No one ever said life is fair.

Quote:
how business should be done -- TO BENEFIT EVERYONE AND ADD VALUE!
No, businesses are there to make money. If they don't make money, they don't stay in business very long. Good luck on your endeavor, but if you don't turn a profit, you won't be in business for very long.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
My wife and I were just talking about this! Companies are making record earnings/profits while the rest of Americans see no pay raises, no bonuses, fewer amenities, higher costs/rising prices of G&S, FEWER jobs/more unemployment, and so on and so forth. It doesn't seem fair or right, but is anyone seriously surprised anymore? I am DONE with Corporate America....DONE! I am determined to make my own way and start my own business and build it with the values that I feel are most important to myself, but also my customers and America as a whole. Maybe, if I get lucky and the business prospers, I'll be greedy and soul-less like the rest of these guys, but my hope is I can set the standard (in the smallest of ways) for how business should be done -- TO BENEFIT EVERYONE AND ADD VALUE!
Exactly why you're not gonna achieve your little ambition there

Old 07-07-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
No one ever said life is fair.

No, businesses are there to make money. If they don't make money, they don't stay in business very long. Good luck on your endeavor, but if you don't turn a profit, you won't be in business for very long.
Not all people feel this way, luckily. I am one of them. Do you work for one of these companies or something? Not all of us are on board to help the richest richies get richer......I'd like to try business for myself, if I can, so I can work hard for a cause that I can support (my own).

Old 07-07-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Exactly why you're not gonna achieve your little ambition there
So you don't believe that value can be created in this country....for a profit? It seems that there are a couple of people like you who just wish for others to fail before they even start. Kinda sad, actually.

I'd be willing to bet that whever you work has company goals that include "creating value". If you're intent on being so sheepish, you might want to at least be consistent and do EVERYTHING they tell you to do.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
So you don't believe that value can be created in this country....for a profit? It seems that there are a couple of people like you who just wish for others to fail before they even start. Kinda sad, actually.

I'd be willing to bet that whever you work has company goals that include "creating value". If you're intent on being so sheepish, you might want to at least be consistent and do EVERYTHING they tell you to do.
No, you got it all backwards. The sheeple and the bottom feeders are the ones who add value.

The management walks off with the benefits.

Where have you been all your life??

Old 07-07-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
No, you got it all backwards. The sheeple and the bottom feeders are the ones who add value.

The management walks off with the benefits.

Where have you been all your life??
Way to side-step the question!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics