U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 08:18 AM

1,773 posts, read 5,084,751 times
I hope more and more people spread the word about this. This issue once you understand it is more impactful than some of the other current "top issues" the politicians waste their time talking about.

Although you wouldn't expect this to be a conspiracy if you do a Google search today, in the top 40 results for just the word "outsourcing" reveals almost all pro-outsourcing results.

I'm no statistician but that makes me question if someone isn't trying to hide the truth (especially considering when you dig deeper into the results you see plenty anti-outsourcing articles).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 07:32 PM

5,333 posts, read 4,344,747 times
Please correct me if I am stating wrong, but did NAFTA and CAFTA (forget which one came first) first begin outsourcing as we know it today? As in losing more and more jobs to overseas?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:07 AM

1,773 posts, read 5,084,751 times
Another Chinese Toy recall was issued this week. The article I read indicated that toy companies and non-toy companies alike will be conducting more recalls in the near future as well.

Everyone who has children, just be cautious and keep checking back at the following site this year until the companies get a handle on this issue (they don't have a handle on it yet, lots of testing is still underway and being scheduled today by companies who outsourced manufacture to China):
CPSC Home Page

Old 09-07-2007, 02:56 AM

1,572 posts, read 2,577,286 times
It's all about the greed of captalism. Free trade is a myth. We have environmental laws in this country for a reason. The American people do not want to consume lead and other hazardous chemicals and we don't want to poison our own water and ecosystems. China, OTOH, has no problems with poisoning the planet or YOU, for a brbe and looking the other way. Yet corporate American wants to import all these goodies from China and sell them as if they were the same products they stopped making in America.

China has taken steps to execute the people responsible for alot of these embarrassing blunders. My question is... when will America execute the corporate crooks who buy this crap?

Old 09-10-2007, 11:52 AM

4,503 posts, read 5,871,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Please correct me if I am stating wrong, but did NAFTA and CAFTA (forget which one came first) first begin outsourcing as we know it today? As in losing more and more jobs to overseas?
It began on the surface level with this:

Overseas Private Investment Corporation

which cites itself as:

"OPIC supports U.S. investment in emerging markets worldwide, fostering development & the growth of free markets."

And We The People are forced to support OPIC and the rest of the destruction of ourselves by our own taxes. Wonderful design, no?

Actually began behind the scene with the CFR and related organizations for the self-service of the upper-end folks.

NAFTA, WTO, and CAFTA, etc., are just more stepping stones on the way.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:43 PM

14 posts, read 29,403 times
yes go to walmart, & check where everything is made at in china of course

Old 12-18-2009, 04:11 AM

2 posts, read 2,825 times
OK so some people say china is poisoning us. i say the careless greedy big business interest outsourcing their manufacturing and the US government for even trading with the Chinese are responsible too. i think there's a conspiracy between the two of them. why doesnt the united states regulate anything. they only inspect !% of the goods exported to the usa. No wonder cancer is one of the leading causes of death in this country. no wonder are national IQ average is pathetic and low, no wonder autism cases are increasing every year.
The FDA and USDA are killing us off and china is helping. We got cancer causing aspertame in our food, cancer causing additives added into our perfectly fine tobacco, we have lead in our ****ing toys that our children play with and sometimes chew on, fluoride in the wATER, borium and aluminum being dumped in our atmosphere. Is someone trying to tell us something?
is it a global conspiracy to eliminate the weak and costly, the burdons of society? what the **** is going on.
Soon the only safe thing to eat is going to be the members of the FDA and USDA

Old 12-18-2009, 04:21 AM

2 posts, read 2,825 times
thats what im talking about!
outsourcing and creating manufacturing jobs else where for cheaper labor is ****ed up to begin with, Especially when our economy is **** poor.
FDA and USDA should be beheaded for approving garbage like aspertame and other cancer causing materials found in food after it is processed. Heres a genius idea...How about we illegalize any known substance that causes cancer from being put into our food, air and water?! Sure the FDA stopped a few packages from getting a board to make them selves look good but how can you over look these additives?

Old 03-12-2011, 03:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,136 times
I just stumbled across this old post, and hope someone is still listening.
You guys dont get it.
This is a state sponsored plan. China lives in the longer now. They are poisoning us and our children, worldwide. they are sterilizing us, not just killing random kids. It is a long term plan to take over the world by out breeding us. They learned long ago they could not fight one of our conventional wars and win, so they came up with other plans.
I am told that those products that we find poisonous, are not allowed to be sold in China, and are specifically for Export Only. That should be a big clue to the fact something is wrong with the product.
Buying American is great, but you must make sure that all the materials are made in America, and that the product is not just assembled in the US( which allows any country to make "Made in USA" products.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:06 AM

5,258 posts, read 11,133,502 times
The worst offenders are the $$ stores - unfortunately since people are broke now, that is the only place where these people can afford to shop anymore.

YES, THANK YOU - I have been saying this for years: "There's another truth that people conveniently forget when they talk about outsourcing being great for a consumer as it keeps prices down. The truth is that the costs of all our products made in China have increased nonetheless each year anyway. That the savings had by the companies engaged in outsourcing has not been passed 100% onto the consumers. In seeking more and more profits, in fact companies have pocketed more and more money and increased the costs of outsourced goods sold in the US anyway. Fundamentally, this makes the impact of ending outsourcing worse today because corporations which have been engaged in outsourcing for 30+ years now are bloated and accustomed to unreasonable profit levels which are not sustainable."

So now instead of paying prices that are a little bit higher for our goods - we are ALL now paying for extended unemployment benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics