Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 11:54 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
I haven't assumed anything. You came to America. You are from India. You live in NYC in the "hood" as you put it. You have not yet acquired anything that would resemble what most people constitute the American dream so you wait and wonder when your day will come when you will "hit the jackpot". My reading comprehension skills are fine and you fail to understand what the America dream is all about.
I don't live in the "hood". I live in Connecticut.

In corporate circles, getting back to the hood means coming back to work in the professional sector that you left prior to the economic crisis of 2008.

So calm down, and stop assuming fanciful notions. It makes you look like an imbecile

Hitting the jackpot is "figurative". Have you ever read of a figure of speech? Did you have access to education?

Old 09-20-2011, 12:00 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
When I returned to Manhattan last year, former peers arranged for a lunch-on and the first thing one of them told me: "Welcome back to the hood"

And no, we weren't in harlem

Some people

Old 09-20-2011, 12:41 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,743,495 times
only an american knows what the american dream use to be. it' not about hitting the jackpot. its about an average joe being able to live a middle class life in a modest but safe home, owning a average car, having a couple kids, being able to go to the doctor, and having stable employment.

anyone who didn't just arrive here from a second world country with an engineering degree is going to know that thing are only getting worse. they wouldnt have been laid off twice, just for starters but then thats better than living in a dirt floor shack, so what do they know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics