Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 06:47 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
All sounds like a great case for socialized medicine to me. If the Taxpayer is going to wind up paying for the medical coverage of half of WALMARTs employees children, why should the Insurance companies be involved
yep. my first thought was that, ultimately, these people being dropped from Wal Mart coverage WILL get care. and ultimately, this will cause the rest of us to all pay more for our coverage.

this is true whether we repeal "obamacare" or not. i haven't seen any good conservative solutions to this problem. i don't see why it's wal mart's responsibility to provide these people with healthcare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 07:59 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
yep. my first thought was that, ultimately, these people being dropped from Wal Mart coverage WILL get care. and ultimately, this will cause the rest of us to all pay more for our coverage.

this is true whether we repeal "obamacare" or not. i haven't seen any good conservative solutions to this problem. i don't see why it's wal mart's responsibility to provide these people with healthcare.
Actually WALMART favored Single Payer. It meant allo they would have to do is the payroll deduction and not worry about the insurance.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:47 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Employers should not be/ are not, required to provided health insurance or other "entitlements" to employees.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:49 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,125,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Employers should not be/ are not, required to provided health insurance or other "entitlements" to employees.
Yes, that's the government's job. Everybody is entitled to health care. The situation outlined in this article is just one more reason why we need to re-structure our outdated health insurance system with a publicly-funded, single-payer insurance system.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:50 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Yes, that's the government's job. Everybody is entitled to health care. The situation outlined in this article is just one more reason why we need to re-structure our outdated health insurance system with a publicly-funded, single-payer insurance system.
Give up what I have for the empty promises of a government $14T in the hole?

Screw that.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:34 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,683,015 times
This is tough news. My wife's plan at Walgreens is also headed for the worse. Higher premiums, higher copays.

No good.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:01 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Yes, that's the government's job. Everybody is entitled to health care.
It's not the governments job to provide health INSURANCE either.

Everyone has access to health CARE now

Old 11-01-2011, 06:48 PM

24,407 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Smokers now pay something like an extra $200 a year.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:49 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,757 times
Quote:
What are the promises of a government $15T in debt worth?

Old 11-04-2011, 09:55 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,805,170 times
Quote:
How you looked over to other countries that have such a system? They're having the same problems with costs (I've read they are rising even faster than here) and have the same debt problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics