Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 09:31 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,230,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
It's called BRIC and the developing countries expanding. They have an extremely high level of human capital and very large populations. They also have lots of poverty. The costs in the US have been going up in the core categories for long periods of time. Now we have to contend with increasing levels of food inflation due to extreme weather events becoming the norm. In terms of big media control, well the opposite is small business growth, LLCs, blogs, etc. And yes there are way too many people with scarce resources due to rapidly increasing demand for them abroad. Adjust to this reality or fail to adapt. The US has that choice to make.
Yeah that's your opinion influenced by the media.. You don't think for your self..

The reality right now is that corporate are making all time high profits, where as the gap between rich and poor is at an all time high.. Hahhaaaa not enough resources, that's stupid excuse to inflate prices and make the rich richer and the poor even poorer..

You have the thought pattern of an elitist..

And you say the USA should adapt, ok so by that I guess you mean we should eat only 3 times a week, have a shower once a month, ride bi-cycles around everywhere & live in boxes.. Etc

Yeah that'll neve happen, it's why we went to war with IRAQ, and it's why we own the Gulf region, for Americas own interest my friend, Assuming the resources are scarce, which isn't the case then the BRICS should find their own resources..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 07:40 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,066,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Yeah that'll neve happen, it's why we went to war with IRAQ, and it's why we own the Gulf region, for Americas own interest my friend, Assuming the resources are scarce, which isn't the case then the BRICS should find their own resources..
By taking them from dead American hands? You are not too smart, if you believe that wars will provide you with resources.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about. here in the USA one thing effects another, there is no one that was not effected by the recession or Depression would be a better word.
So, the economy didn't make a come back?

Old 08-08-2012, 11:35 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
So, the economy didn't make a come back?
Of coarse it did, just not fast enough, that part is all pure politics.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Of coarse it did, just not fast enough, that part is all pure politics.
If it did, then it is at the same state it was, or very close. But you've said yourself about unemployment, technical colleges... This is absolutely not the state the economy was in.

Maybe you mean that it will, one day?

Old 08-08-2012, 07:46 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
If it did, then it is at the same state it was, or very close. But you've said yourself about unemployment, technical colleges... This is absolutely not the state the economy was in.

Maybe you mean that it will, one day?
Nothing has changed except the surival of the Depression, it was rough for most of us. but, that's mostly over now. If unemployment remains around 8 per cent, and there is a shortage of workers, then something is wrong in the USA.. This has happened before several times in our recovery after a long dry spell, where no one was buying, that hurts us all, except Some Wall Street types who made millions on the backs of the middle class.
After so many companies let go many workers, as well as not spending, today makes for a pent up demand to retool, expand for the new demand along with investment in the future.When companies come out of such a strong downturn as they have,many have a lot of cash, mostly by firing so many workers. Now they need skilled people th operate the new CNC machinery, not college kids that have little experience at anything, other than a huge debt they may never pay off. Do you not believe me when I talk about how strong the wholesale/MFG sector is ? I have no agenda other than letting the people know what is going on . The Trucking Indestry is very busy, furthermore there is a shortage of drivers.When I say we (along with others) have never been so busy, that's the truth!
I remember when there was a shortage of teachers, so , all the kids went out for this noble job shortage.. Suddenly there was too many teachers., not enough jobs for them. I found that the Capital Goods demand goes about 6 months out. The trade school experience , turns out the young . In real jobs in this service demand sector. Always go where the work remains anew

Old 08-09-2012, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Do you not believe me when I talk about how strong the wholesale/MFG sector is ?
I do, only this is just a part of American economy.

Quote:
Now they need skilled people th operate the new CNC machinery, not college kids that have little experience at anything
Now that's some serious change, if Americans have to start really working again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics