Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times

Advertisements

It was down for me earlier today too, but I found a website that had an alternate log in and I was able to get in that way. I wasn't going to use it if it didn't show my site key, but it did, so I figure it was safe. Wish I had written down the link for future reference.

I know people love to hate Bank of America, but they have always been good to me. In fact, I have a credit union checking account that doesn't have any fees, but I use my Bank of America account more because of the things I'm able to do that I can't with the credit union account. Like:

- I can transfer money from my account to any of my kids' BOA accounts and the money is there for them immediately with no hold.
- I can make deposits until 8:00 pm and they are credited that same day.
- I can transfer money from my BOA business account to any of my BOA checking accounts, and vice versa.
- I can make check or cash ATM deposits and no deposit slip or envelope is required.
- They don't put holds on deposits I make.
- I have a small business and I am able to direct deposit payments to my subcontractors (and employees if I had employees). They have other small business services, like payroll, that I don't use, but they are available.

If I could do all those same things through my credit union, I would drop Bank of America and switch. But so far I can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 11:16 PM

858 posts, read 1,145,749 times
"technical issues" was cited by BofA as the reason. Should be up and running as of tonight. Saw it on the news.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:25 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
If I could do all those same things through my credit union, I would drop Bank of America and switch. But so far I can't.
I haven't had any issues with them (BOA) either, and they have one of the best laid out online bill pay systems out there. I've tried a few banks too. I was going to suck it up and switch to my local credit union, I performed a test, when ever I used the BOA website I also logged on to the CU site, and I would say 30 - 40% of the time the CU site was down.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:26 PM

2,636 posts, read 7,432,146 times
I got on there today no problem to make my credit bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics