Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 07:35 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times

Advertisements

This is the title the newest headline on CNBC. I do not believe it for a minute, but now I am starting to feel like I live in 2 alternate universes. Can't the main stream media make up their mind? One day sequestration is going to cause a recession, then it happens, and now this.....

Finally! Economic Recovery Is Starting to Pick Up Steam

I can't take it anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 08:10 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,928,524 times
That's why I never let these "distractions" stop me from my investments.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:13 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,412 times
The media is not a single voice. It's a number of people with differing opinions.

One person being unable to cope with the fact that people have different opinions, and have the freedom to express them, that's not the fault of everyone else in the world. The world is a complex place that requires knowledge and critical thinking to deal with. Lacking that causes a problem when there is more then one opinion floating around.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:15 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
This is the title the newest headline on CNBC. I do not believe it for a minute, but now I am starting to feel like I live in 2 alternate universes. Can't the main stream media make up their mind? One day sequestration is going to cause a recession, then it happens, and now this.....

Finally! Economic Recovery Is Starting to Pick Up Steam

I can't take it anymore.
The economy has recovered as a whole but with a large redistribution. Its like Rome where some 25% of the citizens sold themselves into slavery. The remaining citizens report their wealth has increased and that slaves are plentiful.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:34 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,876,501 times
Those that earn the bulk of their income from investment vehicles saw a massive recovery. The rest saw their pay stagnate/sink, and employment opportunities are looking rather shallow. There's your wealth redistribution

Old 03-06-2013, 08:35 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Some things are like markets but its driven by cut in lbor they have made and on FED liquidity. Of course hosuing has pciked upo since rates are dso low and investors are buying up many foreclosed homes because they can make more money that other investemnts.But look at last week when market interpreted the FED minutes as possible raly end to QE feedig the markets cheap money;it dropped immediarely.The econmy is still on life support with very slow growth and really not near enough jobs created to support the new people enterig the job market each eayr.The at about 40% of workig age adults droppi g out of lokig for jobs for vasious reasons it agian shows a real problem in people just giving up looking.Whe FED quits stimulatig the markets by letting rates seek their won level the we will see things chnage if no fundamental have changed.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:23 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Those that earn the bulk of their income from investment vehicles saw a massive recovery. The rest saw their pay stagnate/sink, and employment opportunities are looking rather shallow. There's your wealth redistribution
Anyone who kept their investments and didn't sell have seen a very nice recovery percentage wise no matter how much money you had invested.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:46 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
The economy has recovered as a whole but with a large redistribution.

It is no longer 2008. Things are much better. It is rough on most of the 8 million fired during the Great Recession, as those jobs, 90% plus of them, are simply never coming back. But corp revenue, profits, bonuses, are mostly higher than before the Great Recession.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:21 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
your right.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:06 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,730,223 times
Don't forget about the $556 Billion that retail investors have pulled from the markets since October 2007. $32 Billion flowed back in in January. If that continues we may be in for a good year. Looking out any further than that is fruitless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics