U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 03:36 PM

2,727 posts, read 5,199,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Well, between direct deposit and on-line banking and bill pay, what's the problem? Get with it, my man, be hip. You are living the 20th century lifestyle, and that is not so good here in the 21st.
I just have to say that not all jobs offer direct deposit. Mine doesn't. However, I bank with a bank that has late hours, so I can make it there okay.

But direct deposit is not an option for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 03:41 PM

9,888 posts, read 13,999,412 times
What's wrong with online banking? I can do 90% of what I need online.
And yes, do agree with OP. Banks here got it turned up in their heads. If you working normal hours and live in metropolis, you pretty much destined to 4 Saturday hrs, if you have no other choice.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:30 PM

8,013 posts, read 22,592,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
I just have to say that not all jobs offer direct deposit. Mine doesn't. However, I bank with a bank that has late hours, so I can make it there okay.

But direct deposit is not an option for everyone.
Not available for me either.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
What's wrong with online banking? I can do 90% of what I need online.
And yes, do agree with OP. Banks here got it turned up in their heads. If you working normal hours and live in metropolis, you pretty much destined to 4 Saturday hrs, if you have no other choice.
I actually do everything online now, except one bill. I like it that way. Now to get my employer to get direct deposit........LOL, nothing makes them change their mind.

And yes, I have to use Saturdays to do postal errands. I avoid the post office as much as possible, but if I MUST go, it has to be a Saturday for me.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:36 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,212,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
I actually do everything online now, except one bill. I like it that way. Now to get my employer to get direct deposit........LOL, nothing makes them change their mind.

And yes, I have to use Saturdays to do postal errands. I avoid the post office as much as possible, but if I MUST go, it has to be a Saturday for me.
If you get a check from your employer, you can use online/mobile deposits.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
If you get a check from your employer, you can use online/mobile deposits.
My bank doesn't do that - the thing where you take a picture with your phone.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:59 PM

15,374 posts, read 25,651,310 times
I don't use the postal service. If they never brougth another thing to my home I would never miss them. Bills are paid online and most are on auto pay. All employees at our health system have direct deposit or are offered a debit card to use. We don't have paper checks anymore. If you want to see your pay stub it is online.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:13 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,210,251 times
Basically you can mail a ltter by clippig it to your mailbox to be picked up. post office is losig money.bnaks determine their hours;so get use yto it. the world isn't built around a few people. I alos remmber whe banks closed at 2:00pm.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:29 PM

2,930 posts, read 3,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
They may need to reform. Since the private services like UPS and FedEx can make profits, USPS should extend their business too. One thing they can add is to issue credit cards and debit cards and provide a better money transferring service. If I can do that with USPS, I will not use Paypal, Wells Fargo etc. At least USPS belongs to the government and is more trustworthy in a sense.

Probably I should try TD bank in the future.
That would interfer with the banking industry. Also you can mail a letter or small package(under 13 oz) 24/7 at any mail box. About only time you need to go to the mail service is if you are mailing a package or maybe get some express mail forms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics