U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 05:35 PM

20,855 posts, read 41,617,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous1133 View Post
In September of 2010 I got my first credit card with Bank of America. I have used it religiously since, more than any other credit card, because I was NEVER charged interest or fees of any kind...until January 2013. I am convinced their employee told me that my payment was due on the wrong date now so that the interest could kick in. Due to this one late fee, mega interest began to kick in each month for the past three months. Now, because of that one late payment which is actually there employee's fault, I will now have interest every month as long as I do not pay in full.
Based on this, your interest-free card w/BOA for almost three years was a teaser.

0% APR Credit Card Offers | 0% Credit Cards

Apply for a different card and pay off BOA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 07:04 PM

340 posts, read 765,523 times
I tell you what, Discover has treated me right even since I signed up with them. I've never had any issues, their customer service is always top notch, and their service recovery is fantastic.

As for fees? I have the Discover More card, which has a high APR and fees for late payments, but I'm one who has never missed a payment for anything.

They offer 1% back on everything (after $3000 in spending [I beleive]), 5% revolving back, financial planning and tracking tools, email updates when you are approaching the payment period deadline (I get one at the beginning, then one every day coming up to the day it is due - you can update the settings), availablility for student loans at a modest interest rate - variable or fixes, and they also have online banking... which I don't use.

After getting my credit up with my "Starter" Capital One card which had a $35/mo charge if I didn't spend X amount, having random fees associated every month, I'll never go back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or