Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 07:37 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randolf Kendall View Post

It took awhile, but there it is.

The moment the "R" bomb is dropped is the moment one knows his opponent is fighting his last stand against overwhelming forces, similar to the last desperate measures the Japanese Kamikazes took against superior American forces at the Battle of Midway. Desperate, suicidal, ultimately futile.

For the record, every cliche about the "myth" of psychometric studies has been stated here, such as "IQ is nothing but a social construct" and that it's solely designed "to favor whites" over blacks - never accounting for how Asians consistently destroy blacks in IQ tests, who have even more of a "cultural disadvantage" to the tests than blacks.

The FACTS:

✔IQ tests measure intelligence - not knowledge.

✔A strong correlation has been consistently established between high IQ and high academic achievement.

✔Blacks consistently score the lowest on IQ tests worldwide - with not even one deviation in the entire history of IQ testing.

✔Worldwide, countries with the lowest socio-economic achievement also demonstrate the lowest national IQ for its citizens. In other words, countries with low national IQ's invariably have low economic progress and success. How could this be so if IQ tests were invalid?

In summation, the supportive data for the validity of IQ is absolutely stunning - so much so that many governments suppress its truth out of fear of igniting mass, murderous revolts against higher-IQ citizens.

This doesn't help you to pass the individual comparison test. It is still the individual and collective data really doesn't help the individuals performance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 PM

6,593 posts, read 7,088,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonite View Post
There are too few because this is a nearly $16 trillion economy with more than 150 million income earners in it. Keep in mind as well that 19 states plus DC already have minimum wages that are higher than the federal. Some are already higher than the proposed $9.00.

Only a fool would do that. I run a successful restaurant that produces a healthy profit and you think I should shut down because the wage I have to pay starting busboys goes up? That's just absurd.

Oh god. Try reading the US Constitution instead of the Bizarro Constitution.
Bottom line first the government has no right to mandate that.

To the states that have $9 an hour wage? What California? That basket case of an economy! Be real

As for running your resturant you go ahead and raise your busboy's wage. It is your business. Why is it that everyone has to make you do that? Be real.

This argument is absurd. I am so glad I didnt vote for the fruit cake Warren.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfingduo View Post
Be for real. Both of those flunkies you quoted are economic nightmares along the lines of Keynes.
Adam Smith, the Author of the Wealth of Nations was a Keynesian?

This flunkie?
Adam Smith: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

Oh I have to hear this one. You, ah, read both of them have you?

Quote:
They never hired a person in their lives nor did they have to run a budget. They spout out dribble like beer falling from the sky and how it effects the price of rice in China.

Your argument makes no sense in econ or even English.

crap.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
There are too few because this is a nearly $16 trillion economy with more than 150 million income earners in it. Keep in mind as well that 19 states plus DC already have minimum wages that are higher than the federal. Some are already higher than the proposed $9.00.

Only a fool would do that. I run a successful restaurant that produces a healthy profit and you think I should shut down because the wage I have to pay starting busboys goes up? That's just absurd.

Oh god. Try reading the US Constitution instead of the Bizarro Constitution.
What do you fear most as a restaurant owner? The competition as I did in my business. When the cost of a product would rise for all of us, I had nothing to fear from them.

Despite our little rub on IQ, I'll dine with you.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:59 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,626,063 times
oaknite I appreciate your insight as a business owner. Too many right wing whackos keep insisting that if you don't own a business you have no right to comment on economics.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:00 PM

1,924 posts, read 2,373,854 times
Quote:
Yeah they own 1.3 trillion dollars of our economy (GDP)! So what we just give them the Italian salute?
Ownerhsip implies some sort of control. The control the Chinese have over their holdings of US Treasury securities begins and ends with the decision as to whether to try selling them in secondary markets or not. That's it. Keep in mind that we do not borrow from the Chinese so much as that they have no alternative to investing in us. They need their large trade surpluses with the US in order to to prop up the jobs of their urban middle class. But that assures they will have wads and wads of dollars. They use those to buy US exports. They use them to buy goods from third countries willing to take dollars in payment. After that, there is nothing left to do but put their surplus holdings into dollar-denominated assets, and the safest, most secure example is US Treasury securities.

Quote:
Still I dont care about the Chinese either. But almost everything we buy is Chinese. How does that help if we can't even afford cheap Chinese goods?
A little over 15% of all US imports came from China in 2012.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:11 PM

1,924 posts, read 2,373,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Foreign countries tried to cash in their Chucky Cheeze tokens for ports and refining capacity already. They were blocked.
By ignorant reactionaries in both cases.

Quote:
When did the US default? 1971.
Nonsense goldbug talk.

Quote:
When will China cash in their debt?
They CANNOT cash in any Treasury debt. They can only sit and wait for each individual note to mature.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
oaknite I appreciate your insight as a business owner. Too many right wing whackos keep insisting that if you don't own a business you have no right to comment on economics.
Every one does what a business does. You take in receivables , make your payables, make a budget etc. Anyone who ran a business knows this. Anyone who says otherwise implies they did not run a business.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Ownerhsip implies some sort of control. The control the Chinese have over their holdings of US Treasury securities begins and ends with the decision as to whether to try selling them in secondary markets or not. That's it. Keep in mind that we do not borrow from the Chinese so much as that they have no alternative to investing in us. They need their large trade surpluses with the US in order to to prop up the jobs of their urban middle class. But that assures they will have wads and wads of dollars. They use those to buy US exports. They use them to buy goods from third countries willing to take dollars in payment. After that, there is nothing left to do but put their surplus holdings into dollar-denominated assets, and the safest, most secure example is US Treasury securities.

Try again.

40% of goods are imported from China to US

Old 03-27-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Adam Smith, the Author of the Wealth of Nations was a Keynesian?

This flunkie?
Adam Smith: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

Oh I have to hear this one. You, ah, read both of them have you?

crap.

Adam Smith may not be Keynsian but he an econimic academic. Havent you ever heard the adage those that can do those that can't teach! Perfect example of someone who has never run a business trying to explain how businesses work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics