U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-23-2013, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 1,007 times

Advertisements

We are scheduled to close on a house at the end of October. We are going with a USDA loan, and we have cleared underwriting with a few conditions (missing documents). We've gotten all of the documents in, and I think we're good to go now. My question is, what kind of impact could a government shutdown have on us at this stage? I've read their shutdown procedures, and I see the section saying that no new loans would be issued, but where is the line drawn? I'm hoping that we will be ok since we've already cleared underwriting...

Last edited by bu11DawgNC; 09-23-2013 at 01:35 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 07:28 AM

775 posts, read 960,504 times
It depends on the what the President decides is essential services. You won't know until next week.

A. What he decides to do will depend on polls. If the people believe that the shutdown is the republicans fault, the president has the power to inflict as much pain on the people as he wants.....it's the repulicans fault afterall.

B. If the polls say that the democrats are at fault, checks will go out, less services will be impacted. The president will want to inflict as little pain on his party as possible.

IMO, A. is more likely, but you won't know your impact for a while either way.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics