U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2007, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 3,006 times

Advertisements

Unless I have a job to do tomorrow for an assignment for operations management .THE TOPIC IS :
Operatios management is a very important aspect of any business and it is a widely studied subject in most Universities. What does the theory suggest operations management is about and to what extent is this theory Operations reflected by what managers do in business organizations.
There is someone who can help me with some information?
THANKYOU

Last edited by statista; 11-26-2007 at 10:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 10:41 AM

1,640 posts, read 4,136,802 times
Your post is incoherent.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
Your post is incoherent.
why is not incoherent ?

Old 11-26-2007, 11:34 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,552,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statista View Post
why is not incoherent ?
You're two-for-two now. From what I gather, you're asking for help on a writing assignment about operations management and want to talk with people who are in this field. Is that correct?

Old 11-26-2007, 11:59 AM

201 posts, read 832,005 times
Quote:
Unless I have a job to do tomorrow for an assignment for operations management .THE TOPIC IS :
Operatios management is a very important aspect of any business and it is a widely studied subject in most Universities. What does the theory suggest operations management is about and to what extent is this theory Operations reflected by what managers do in business organizations.
THANKYOU

1. Do your own assignments

2. Operations management, in a nutshell, as studied at the university level, is the process of monitoring, adjusting, and creating production processes in order to make them the most efficient that they can be. Unfortunatley, the question you ask, is refering to a theory, that is likely in a book, that you are trying to avoid actually reading. Lacking the ability to transmit the data through the mind, no one on this board is going to be able to answer your question as written.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:37 PM

2,775 posts, read 2,578,951 times
Quote:
THANKYOU
I am certain I will not answer your question to your complete satisfaction but I have some insight. Those I work with in this space at a very large global organization typically apply no theory nor coherent strategy at all - indeed they instead use that which they've learned through experience to help guide them on how to manage operations - how to "put out fires" as they present themselves. Additionally, in my experience those given the operations management responsibility are typically (but not always) not very skilled at the tasks they oversee others completing. Instead it seems that operations management responsibility is pursued by and given to individuals who I would say could not really do anything else - they are more "project or team managers" than proven strategists or established top performers.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:17 AM

201 posts, read 832,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
Additionally, in my experience those given the operations management responsibility are typically (but not always) not very skilled at the tasks they oversee others completing. Instead it seems that operations management responsibility is pursued by and given to individuals who I would say could not really do anything else - they are more "project or team managers" than proven strategists or established top performers.

This is why top shelf operations management personel are paid so well, because there are so many idiots holding the title. This is also why politics are such a bottleneck to company performance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or