Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2014, 06:22 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
I don't actually agree with your summation. President Obama has not changed his position on the ideology of 'building from the bottom up", and he has continually spoken about the challenges of the general "middle class" as well as the need to rebuild and have a strong middle class.

He attempted to Reform Banking, but again, Conservatives and their Support with near worship of the wealthy attacked that with every force of their being.
He attempted to address the excess compensation of CEO for corporate failure, again, the Conservatives and their Support of near worship of the wealthy attacked that with every force in their being.

He has addressed the excessive outsourcing, and equally so he has promoted clean energy. When he tried to support Solar Energy, the Big Oil Supporting Conservatives, encroached with their banker friends to stifle lending for Solar Installation, even when the Government had a program to help with subsides for those who would upgrade. It was constructively destroyed by Conservative Agenda.

You are correct on one point, and that is: People should get more understanding as to what they are supporting as a stand, and what they mis quote in their disdain for the President and His programs.

When he spoke of re-distribution, people ran crazy, with some wild delusion that someone wanted to take their money. When the President was talking about RE-INVESTING IN AMERICA, and insuring Opportunity was open to all.

your response but all that that they see is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 07:41 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I agree, but you have to understand that wealthy as well as the economy flourishes when people strive to live above their means.
What? You think it's better for people to live "above" their means?

Quote:
My probelm is that there are some segment of our society who are deliberately not given the opportunity to learn how to save and invest and grow up living paycheck to paycheck. I used to wonder if this is done on purpose but I beleive now that it is.

I do have to agree, there is a conspiracy against a segment of our society. It is to promote their helplessness.

It's the same thing an abusive husband does to a woman. Make them believe that she couldn't survive without him, keep her helpless and dependent and she has to suffer whatever he dishes. Then when someone tries to help her she defends him.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:

When he spoke of re-distribution, people ran crazy, with some wild delusion that someone wanted to take their money. When the President was talking about RE-INVESTING IN AMERICA, and insuring Opportunity was open to all.
So what is your definition of redistribution?

And when people have the opportunity to get a proper voter ID they cry and complain it's too hard. These are the people who claim they don't have opportunity? Would getting up at 5am like everyone else be too hard for them too. How about showing up for a job?

Old 03-02-2014, 11:12 AM

1,594 posts, read 1,411,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So are you going to determine my standard of living too so you know if I make enough to live on. Should my standard of living be in the slums so I can support other people too?
What?

I regard "standard of living" as meaningless and certainly have no idea who you are. I was speaking in general terms and I think the economic statistics support what I said.

How many people never pay off their mortgages? How many people pay rent forever?

Ultimately the question is who owns the planet and how did they get it?

The Economic Wargame is a continuation of the Military Wargame by other means.

psik

Old 03-02-2014, 11:28 AM

10,748 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:
They got rich by promoting the "Indenture Americans Mentality", the premise and policy which is the foundation of Ivy League and Other Professor Based Training when it comes to Finance and Economics.

These institution were established to teach the rich how to stay rich by using the working poor to enrich themselves, and they depart upon graduation with a sense of entitlement to continue doing so.

When Slavery and Indentured Servitude as a system was disbanded, these same plantation owners sent their Sons and Daughters to school to learn : INSURANCE, BANKING AND MEDICINE, all of which have become the new indenturing programs hailed by the rich and backed by the Right Winger who supported the Indenture Programming as a Faux Model based on the Antebellum Southern Plantation Mentality.
They are trained by a modeling system, which uses the small print to take everything away which they claim to Offer in their Promotional Bold Print.

If people learned anything from the Era Of Share Cropping, it should have demonstrated how the Plantation Owners took everything from the Share Cropper, because it was the design of method for the Plantations owners to continue to reap the profits as if they were still utilizing direct slaves and indentured servants.
People caught on after a while and the Share Cropping became despised. By then the Sons and Daughters had graduated and set up shop, in Insurance, Banking, Medicine and Law. All to promote a new model of Indenturing Americans.

How many have felt the fleecing dished out by Financial Institution, Banks, Insurance Companies and Medicine Makers. Then, you should know how it feels to be an indentured servant.

This is what the generation are being taught, to come out of school, have a sense of entitlement and expect to be paid to talk. This will keep the people humping and bringing in their money, while the small print creates a shield to keep them from getting it back, once they become wise to the criminal fleecing they signed up for.

It's quite Amazing...
All that wealth hate is going to burn you up from the inside.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
What? You think it's better for people to live "above" their means?

No, but this country thrives on those who do. These are the same people who try to live the lives that they cannot afford. This is attributed to the media and their programing and lack of a sound financial education. Think about those who take out loans to buy crap that they do not need in order to impress others or those poor kids who buy 120.00 sneakers instead of investing in their futures. Do you think that this is not planned by corperations? My partner was stationed in Korea and told me that it cost less then 15.00 for them to make a pair of Air Jordans but yet they cost over 125.00 here in the states and kids buy them.

I do have to agree, there is a conspiracy against a segment of our society. It is to promote their helplessness.

This is why I do not support either party. The democrats support governmental dependency under the guise of helping the poor get on their feet and the republicans want the poor to "pull themselves up by the bootstraps" but yet do not provide a way or money to do it. It is all to appease certain demographic who vote for them, nothing more and nothing less.

It's the same thing an abusive husband does to a woman. Make them believe that she couldn't survive without him, keep her helpless and dependent and she has to suffer whatever he dishes. Then when someone tries to help her she defends him.
Exactly!

Old 03-02-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
So what is your definition of redistribution?

And when people have the opportunity to get a proper voter ID they cry and complain it's too hard. These are the people who claim they don't have opportunity? Would getting up at 5am like everyone else be too hard for them too. How about showing up for a job?

What you (and Faux) are not understanding or mentioning is that the places that issue these cards are located in places that it takes money to get to them and (like here in Pa.) and that you have to get a birth certificate which can only be obtained in state building which are located in the heart of the larger cities, again costing money and not to mention travel cost. So please explain why did the republican party make such a big issue about this mere months BEFORE the presidential election and did not mention any of this during the Bush years especially after their shannigans in Florida? You do also realize that you cannot get your birth certificate the same day don't you? I think this was another way to disenfranchise the poor and elderly from voting, because if they had to get those special voter ID cards they would have missed the election. I guess that was the original plan once they realized that Mcain and Palying had a diaper's chance on a sick baby of staying clean.

My other problem with your misinformed statement is you act like people do not want to work instead of saying the truth of there are not enough well paying jobs to go around, so it is not about getting up and going to work but more of there are not any jobs to go to.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
What you (and Faux) are not understanding or mentioning is that the places that issue these cards are located in places that it takes money to get to them and (like here in Pa.) and that you have to get a birth certificate which can only be obtained in state building which are located in the heart of the larger cities, again costing money and not to mention travel cost. So please explain why did the republican party make such a big issue about this mere months BEFORE the presidential election and did not mention any of this during the Bush years especially after their shannigans in Florida? You do also realize that you cannot get your birth certificate the same day don't you? I think this was another way to disenfranchise the poor and elderly from voting, because if they had to get those special voter ID cards they would have missed the election. I guess that was the original plan once they realized that Mcain and Palying had a diaper's chance on a sick baby of staying clean.

My other problem with your misinformed statement is you act like people do not want to work instead of saying the truth of there are not enough well paying jobs to go around, so it is not about getting up and going to work but more of there are not any jobs to go to.
uh, same state. It was easy to register and there are DMV's all over the place.

https://registertovote.org/forms/reg...nsylvania.html
STEP 1: Select your location
STEP 2: Fill out the form
STEP 3: Review, download and mail form

To register to vote, complete a Pennsylvania Voter Registration Mail Application Form and take or mail it to your PA county Board of Elections office. You can also take the completed form in person to:
Pennsylvania Voter Registration: Forms, Requirements, Register to Vote | DMV.org

A government agency office. (Visit the website for a list of agencies.)
OR
A PennDOT photo license center when you apply for or renew your PA driver’s license. DMV's are everywhere!

Old 03-02-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Well if you won't even make the effort to get to a DMV to register to vote (one day, takes a couple of hours) how in the hell can I believe you want to make the effort to get a job and work?

Nothing but one excuse after another.

Last edited by petch751; 03-02-2014 at 07:00 PM..

Old 03-02-2014, 07:07 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,043,863 times
"The secret of great fortunes without apparent cause is a crime forgotten, for it was properly done."

Honoré de Balzac, 1835
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics