Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 08:09 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
OP sounds like you needs to learn a lot about the higher education system, how FAFSA works, tuition prices, and the corrupt student loan industry.
I wouldn't say that it is corrupt. It's just poorly designed. We're giving federal aid to all kinds of students without considering their potential. A student could have lower than a 3.5 GPA in high school and somehow get federal grants to attend college.. solely because their parents make less money... while someone with a good GPA doesn't get anything because their parents make a little more money. It's ridiculous. The student with a good GPA is a better investment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 09:43 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,260,460 times
Not worth it.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:59 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
OP, did you have to write this and post it because you lost a bet? Or are you actually serious and this is your initiation into the Campus Libertarian Club, like those gangs where you have to snuff somebody to get full standing.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:56 PM

37 posts, read 90,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
OP, did you have to write this and post it because you lost a bet? Or are you actually serious and this is your initiation into the Campus Libertarian Club, like those gangs where you have to snuff somebody to get full standing.
Lost a bet? what are you talking about. Im writing this because i can, looking to hear others opinions. You obviously seem offended.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:19 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,934,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace789 View Post
I live in NY and im 18 (will turn 19 in july) and i pay for my college tuition out of pocket, I've worked since i was 16 saving up to go to college and pay it myself. I've always been a smart kid and knew how to save my money and spend it wisely. My parents always told me that they will pay for my college tuition themselves, at the time when i was 16 i said no, but with reasoning i took my parents help because they wanted me to keep the $35k i have saved. We aren't poor, but were not rich either. My mom is a Nurse and my Father is a co-owner of small businesses around our community. They make (after taxes) about $90k-$100k total yearly. My parents were born in the dominican republic but came to the united states fairly young. They lived in my aunts house for quite some time while they BOTH worked there asses off and went to school to get college degrees. They refused government aid at that time because they said to themselves (and to me a lot) "Taking aid from the government is like living with your parents till your 50, sure its nice and comfortable but you're going to have an awful life if all you do is depend on them" This saying has been told to me numerous amounts of time (with some tweaks)

Anyways enough about my background etc, here is why i HATE the government aid programs
& why we should tell these people to F off.

** Financial aid for college students has to be the most F*cke up crap i've ever seen and it pisses me off every day. Lets think about this for a second, College tuition for community colleges are closing in on $2,500 while 4 year colleges are coming in on $6,000+ per semester.

Those who qualify for financial aid:
- Those who receive financial aid come from "low income families" pay a total amount of $0 for tuition and $0 for books, some do pay for books but the majority of students who go to college rent books from chegg.com and it costs anywhere from $20-$100 to rent for a semester, that is chump change.

Those who don't recieve help:
Meanwhile people who DONT receive financial aid have to pay the ENTIRE $2,500 for community college and $6,000 for 4 year unis + books. Lets not forget that these people who don't qualify have to work their asses off to pay their tuition + most people tend to take out loans which put them into horrible debt all for trying to get an education.

Why should they cut financial aid? If we were to cut finanical aid 3 things happen:

1. The price of tuition drops because schools live off the money we pay to enter college. So now since there is no more financial aid the price HAS to drop so that the poorer students can pay. This makes everything equal.
2. The money we can save from cutting finanical aid can be used for other things like fixing potholes, be given to hospitals for research purposes, more equipment for the city etc.. the possibilities are truly endless.
3. The amount of graduates with debts will decline drastically since the price of tuition dropped & the economy will bounce back up since more people will get jobs and spend all that extra money on goods.

Now you might be saying "ok they are poor so they don't have to pay cause they can't and you come from a wealthy family so you can afford to pay" am i right? i think thats what most of you thought.

Heres my argument: A person who recieves finanical aid gets to obtain a college degree for FREE saving THOUSANDS of dollars, they don't need to pay the goverment back, the governemt doesnt take any extra money out of their paychecks for receiving a college degree for free, THEY DONT DO ANYTHING.
Whereas a person who DID NOT receive financial aid gets a degree, has debts in the thousands, can't buy stuff that they want because they're paying rent/mortgage + paying back those student loans.

The people who are "poor" and qualify for financial aid have the same jobs as those who don't qualify (wealthy) making $9hr part-time. Both the "poor" and "wealthy" have the EXACT same pay-rate. They get paid the same, the only difference is their parents. If your parents don't make a lot of money then you qualify for financial aid and the gov helps you, if they DO make a lot of money then you don't qualify and the gov basically tells you " hey go pay yourself, we'll help the poor and make you find a way to pay college yourself " . But why should the person who's wealthy spend all their hard earned money on college tuition whereas the "poor" person spends all their money on stuff like cars,games, TVs, phones, expensive clothes etc and on top of buying all this cool stuff they STILL go to college for free.

We need to stop this government aid crap, if you have the ability to tell yourself " i wanna go to college and have a good career" then you also have the ability to do it on your own and not depend on the government. Once you turn 18 you are an ADULT, you make choices and you have to take care of your own problems. Just to clarify things, i don't mind investing towards my future by using my money for college. What i do mind is having other people get a college degree for free.

Opinions? All of this stuff is EASILY relatable towards food stamps and housing projects. Both should be cut to a certain extent. Make people work for what they want, i shouldn't be paying taxes to help another person go to college. Im basically contributing for someone elses education, we all are.
First of all, if you are going to continue to write arrogant diatribes, I suggest you learn how to use proper grammar and punctuation. I used to teach writing skills to college freshmen, and I'd have given your post a "D" along with the suggestion that you drop my class and take remedial English instead. In addition, the national standards for a college bound high school graduate include the ability to do research on assigned topics and the use of logic and data from unbiased sources to back up your thesis. In these things alone, your education up to this point has been substandard, yet you advocate that others receive an even poorer quality education than your own.

If you have worked since you were 16 and now at 18 have $35,000, this means you are making $17,500/yr. You mentioned the sum of $9.00/hr as a wage for part time work. At that rate you have been putting in 37 hours/week - almost a full time work week. I would congratulate you on your determination to go to school while working full time, but it's obvious that what you have been doing is working 37 hours a week and skipping most of your classes in order to be able to accomplish this.

You live with parents who have an income of $100,000/year AND have agreed to pay your college tuition. How nice for you. I bet they don't charge you for room and board either. While $100,000/year may not make for a Warren Buffet type lifestyle, it's still twice the median US household income - $51,017 in 2013, the most recent year for which I could find statistics. Meanwhile, according to the CNN Money website 15% of Americans live at the poverty line.

I can see why a privileged young man such as yourself would know absolutely nothing about financial aid for college since thanks to Mommy and Daddy; you don't need to apply for it. However, I don't see why you wish to embarrass yourself by displaying your ignorance to hundreds if not thousands of strangers on the Internet. First of all, define what you mean by "financial aid." I'm guessing you are complaining about grants that your community college offers to qualified low income students. But you don't explain clearly if this is what you mean, nor do you tell us the requirements to be eligible for one of these free tuition grants. If your community college is actually in the business of handing out a significant number of free tuition grants, it is highly unusual, especially when compared to the tuition assistance available from the rest of the community colleges and 4 year institutions of higher education across the US. In your own state of New York spending on higher education has gone down about 15% since the start of the recession or an average OF $1,482/year LESS per student.

That's quite the wealthy community college that you've got there which manages to give all this free money away while every other college in New York is tightening its belt. In addition the NY State Income Tax web page states that residents of New York who are paying tuition for a 2 or 4 year college get a $400 deduction on their state taxes. This deduction is capped at $10,000 total which gives students the ability to take years and years to finish up college and take advantage of that deduction.

I guess a person with such high principles as yours would refuse to take advantage of this tax credit. If not, and I happened to be a resident of New York, I’d be writing my elected representative right now, complaining that my taxes help out people like YOU. The truth is that most financial aid comes in the form of loans from the federal government which must be paid back and there is growing concern that students are being overwhelmed with debt in order to finance their higher education. According to some sources debt burdens are still growing and some undergraduates are leaving school with an average of $40,000 of educational debt.

Finally, you would have us believe that if your college was forced to cut the amount it charges in tuition that it would then abolish “free†financial aid causing the tuition to drop even more, so everybody could afford to go to college.

*speechless*

Just what do you think colleges do with the money they get from tuition fees, anyway? Hand it over to the tooth fairy? Less tuition = less funding = less money to spend on EVERYTHING. It’s true that your hated “free†financial aid program would either be dropped or sharply curtailed if your college had to absorb the cost of a tuition cut - along with books for the library, the next generation of software and hardware for the computer labs, equipment for the science labs, and cutbacks in teachers and other staff to name a few. Only an idiot would respond to these enforced cut backs by cutting the school budget even more to give everyone low tuition. You get what you pay for and your education would suck. In exchange for kicking low income students out of the system in a fit of ill will, you will end up being even more woefully uneducated than you are now (if that’s possible). When you send off your resumes to potential employers, your applications will vanish without a trace, because the word on the street is that grads of Cut Rate Tuition CC are also the unfortunate possessors of cut rate diplomas which are worthless.

My advice to you is to Photoshop your own diploma now and save yourself the time and grief and, above all, the cash involved in getting a college education. I can assure you that your future professors would be delighted to have one less kid who really doesn’t want to learn anything in her class. Good grief, you don’t even have the common sense to write your post in Microsoft Word and run it through spell check before you put it on the forum.

Regards,
Rambler

Old 06-08-2014, 11:23 PM

482 posts, read 944,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace789 View Post
I live in NY and im 18 (will turn 19 in july) and i pay for my college tuition out of pocket, I've worked since i was 16 saving up to go to college and pay it myself. I've always been a smart kid and knew how to save my money and spend it wisely. My parents always told me that they will pay for my college tuition themselves, at the time when i was 16 i said no, but with reasoning i took my parents help because they wanted me to keep the $35k i have saved. We aren't poor, but were not rich either. My mom is a Nurse and my Father is a co-owner of small businesses around our community. They make (after taxes) about $90k-$100k total yearly. My parents were born in the dominican republic but came to the united states fairly young. They lived in my aunts house for quite some time while they BOTH worked there asses off and went to school to get college degrees. They refused government aid at that time because they said to themselves (and to me a lot) "Taking aid from the government is like living with your parents till your 50, sure its nice and comfortable but you're going to have an awful life if all you do is depend on them" This saying has been told to me numerous amounts of time (with some tweaks)

Anyways enough about my background etc, here is why i HATE the government aid programs
& why we should tell these people to F off.

** Financial aid for college students has to be the most F*cke up crap i've ever seen and it pisses me off every day. Lets think about this for a second, College tuition for community colleges are closing in on $2,500 while 4 year colleges are coming in on $6,000+ per semester.

Those who qualify for financial aid:
- Those who receive financial aid come from "low income families" pay a total amount of $0 for tuition and $0 for books, some do pay for books but the majority of students who go to college rent books from chegg.com and it costs anywhere from $20-$100 to rent for a semester, that is chump change.

Those who don't recieve help:
Meanwhile people who DONT receive financial aid have to pay the ENTIRE $2,500 for community college and $6,000 for 4 year unis + books. Lets not forget that these people who don't qualify have to work their asses off to pay their tuition + most people tend to take out loans which put them into horrible debt all for trying to get an education.

Why should they cut financial aid? If we were to cut finanical aid 3 things happen:

1. The price of tuition drops because schools live off the money we pay to enter college. So now since there is no more financial aid the price HAS to drop so that the poorer students can pay. This makes everything equal.
2. The money we can save from cutting finanical aid can be used for other things like fixing potholes, be given to hospitals for research purposes, more equipment for the city etc.. the possibilities are truly endless.
3. The amount of graduates with debts will decline drastically since the price of tuition dropped & the economy will bounce back up since more people will get jobs and spend all that extra money on goods.

Now you might be saying "ok they are poor so they don't have to pay cause they can't and you come from a wealthy family so you can afford to pay" am i right? i think thats what most of you thought.

Heres my argument: A person who recieves finanical aid gets to obtain a college degree for FREE saving THOUSANDS of dollars, they don't need to pay the goverment back, the governemt doesnt take any extra money out of their paychecks for receiving a college degree for free, THEY DONT DO ANYTHING.
Whereas a person who DID NOT receive financial aid gets a degree, has debts in the thousands, can't buy stuff that they want because they're paying rent/mortgage + paying back those student loans.

The people who are "poor" and qualify for financial aid have the same jobs as those who don't qualify (wealthy) making $9hr part-time. Both the "poor" and "wealthy" have the EXACT same pay-rate. They get paid the same, the only difference is their parents. If your parents don't make a lot of money then you qualify for financial aid and the gov helps you, if they DO make a lot of money then you don't qualify and the gov basically tells you " hey go pay yourself, we'll help the poor and make you find a way to pay college yourself " . But why should the person who's wealthy spend all their hard earned money on college tuition whereas the "poor" person spends all their money on stuff like cars,games, TVs, phones, expensive clothes etc and on top of buying all this cool stuff they STILL go to college for free.

We need to stop this government aid crap, if you have the ability to tell yourself " i wanna go to college and have a good career" then you also have the ability to do it on your own and not depend on the government. Once you turn 18 you are an ADULT, you make choices and you have to take care of your own problems. Just to clarify things, i don't mind investing towards my future by using my money for college. What i do mind is having other people get a college degree for free.

Opinions? All of this stuff is EASILY relatable towards food stamps and housing projects. Both should be cut to a certain extent. Make people work for what they want, i shouldn't be paying taxes to help another person go to college. Im basically contributing for someone elses education, we all are.

Loaded and ignorant post. No matter what your ethnicity or racial background, someone in your family has benefitted from government programs. Please ask your grand parents or great parents how they made it when they came to this country...I doubt a Native American would post something as ignorant as this, so I am guessing you're not NA. Wow.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:26 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times
Financial Aid doesnt mean you go to college for free. I had FASFA help with my tuition and even low income at the time, I still had to pay for books, school supplies, parking, food, and the rest of my tuition it did not cover.

College for free.....that made me laugh.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908WAGY View Post
Loaded and ignorant post. No matter what your ethnicity or racial background, someone in your family has benefitted from government programs. Please ask your grand parents or great parents how they made it when they came to this country...I doubt a Native American would post something as ignorant as this, so I am guessing you're not NA. Wow.
My grandparents didn't live here, they lived in the dominican republic. When my mom reached 23 years old she moved here with her sister, then met my father and then they both went to college. We have never asked or gotten government help EVER.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
First of all, if you are going to continue to write arrogant diatribes, I suggest you learn how to use proper grammar and punctuation. I used to teach writing skills to college freshmen, and I'd have given your post a "D" along with the suggestion that you drop my class and take remedial English instead. In addition, the national standards for a college bound high school graduate include the ability to do research on assigned topics and the use of logic and data from unbiased sources to back up your thesis. In these things alone, your education up to this point has been substandard, yet you advocate that others receive an even poorer quality education than your own.

If you have worked since you were 16 and now at 18 have $35,000, this means you are making $17,500/yr. You mentioned the sum of $9.00/hr as a wage for part time work. At that rate you have been putting in 37 hours/week - almost a full time work week. I would congratulate you on your determination to go to school while working full time, but it's obvious that what you have been doing is working 37 hours a week and skipping most of your classes in order to be able to accomplish this.

You live with parents who have an income of $100,000/year AND have agreed to pay your college tuition. How nice for you. I bet they don't charge you for room and board either. While $100,000/year may not make for a Warren Buffet type lifestyle, it's still twice the median US household income - $51,017 in 2013, the most recent year for which I could find statistics. Meanwhile, according to the CNN Money website 15% of Americans live at the poverty line.

I can see why a privileged young man such as yourself would know absolutely nothing about financial aid for college since thanks to Mommy and Daddy; you don't need to apply for it. However, I don't see why you wish to embarrass yourself by displaying your ignorance to hundreds if not thousands of strangers on the Internet. First of all, define what you mean by "financial aid." I'm guessing you are complaining about grants that your community college offers to qualified low income students. But you don't explain clearly if this is what you mean, nor do you tell us the requirements to be eligible for one of these free tuition grants. If your community college is actually in the business of handing out a significant number of free tuition grants, it is highly unusual, especially when compared to the tuition assistance available from the rest of the community colleges and 4 year institutions of higher education across the US. In your own state of New York spending on higher education has gone down about 15% since the start of the recession or an average OF $1,482/year LESS per student.

That's quite the wealthy community college that you've got there which manages to give all this free money away while every other college in New York is tightening its belt. In addition the NY State Income Tax web page states that residents of New York who are paying tuition for a 2 or 4 year college get a $400 deduction on their state taxes. This deduction is capped at $10,000 total which gives students the ability to take years and years to finish up college and take advantage of that deduction.

I guess a person with such high principles as yours would refuse to take advantage of this tax credit. If not, and I happened to be a resident of New York, I’d be writing my elected representative right now, complaining that my taxes help out people like YOU. The truth is that most financial aid comes in the form of loans from the federal government which must be paid back and there is growing concern that students are being overwhelmed with debt in order to finance their higher education. According to some sources debt burdens are still growing and some undergraduates are leaving school with an average of $40,000 of educational debt.

Finally, you would have us believe that if your college was forced to cut the amount it charges in tuition that it would then abolish “free” financial aid causing the tuition to drop even more, so everybody could afford to go to college.

*speechless*

Just what do you think colleges do with the money they get from tuition fees, anyway? Hand it over to the tooth fairy? Less tuition = less funding = less money to spend on EVERYTHING. It’s true that your hated “free” financial aid program would either be dropped or sharply curtailed if your college had to absorb the cost of a tuition cut - along with books for the library, the next generation of software and hardware for the computer labs, equipment for the science labs, and cutbacks in teachers and other staff to name a few. Only an idiot would respond to these enforced cut backs by cutting the school budget even more to give everyone low tuition. You get what you pay for and your education would suck. In exchange for kicking low income students out of the system in a fit of ill will, you will end up being even more woefully uneducated than you are now (if that’s possible). When you send off your resumes to potential employers, your applications will vanish without a trace, because the word on the street is that grads of Cut Rate Tuition CC are also the unfortunate possessors of cut rate diplomas which are worthless.

My advice to you is to Photoshop your own diploma now and save yourself the time and grief and, above all, the cash involved in getting a college education. I can assure you that your future professors would be delighted to have one less kid who really doesn’t want to learn anything in her class. Good grief, you don’t even have the common sense to write your post in Microsoft Word and run it through spell check before you put it on the forum.

Regards,
Rambler
I didn't know i was writing a college essay here im simply writing not caring how my grammar is since its a thread, nothing important. Its funny too i actually passed my english class with an A-.

Everything you wrote has nothing to do with my message. The government aids low-income families by handing them everything, food, housing, free college education. Im pointing out college education-which i think is the worst of the three-not only is it hurting the economy and the job market its just NOT FAIR. I understand that some families might be poor making $40k annually or less and those PARENTS can't afford to pay rent/electricity/car payments and college tuition. But why should their son/daughter get to attend college for free simply because THEY (the parents) can't pay for their child's (who is an adult [18years old]) college tuition? Once you reach 16 you can start working those who think for the future like i did will start working from there. I didn't need to work because i knew my parents had money for my college tuition, BUT i understood at 16 YEARS OLD that i had to invest in my future and that my parents wont always be there to pick me up when im down. Im not saying every 16 year old should start working now to save up some money to go to college, im saying once you turn 18 your problems are yours and the government shouldn't help you. If you want to attend college to receive a degree that can lead to a high paying career then INVEST in yourself, WORK and take your paychecks throw them into your bank and leave it there to pay for your next semester like us "wealthy" people.

Let me give you a scenario.
1. This kid has a low income family of $40k and they can't afford to pay for his college tuition.

- He/she is 18 years old and has been working since the start of senior year in high school. Graduation comes, its time to go to college. What is the first thing this person thinks of? This persons first thoughts are "Let me file for financial aid, my parents are poor so they HAVE to help me!"
(keep in mind this person has been working since the start of senior year and is STILL currently working part-time for $9hr and have been working for 10months [10 months= length of school year] & lives with parents so no rent- maybe some bills.) School years are 10months so lets say this person works 15-20hrs weekly for $9hr. In 1 month they make $720- taxes. In 10 months they make $7,200- taxes.

- First semester comes it costs $2500, they have $7,200 saved up from working 10 months (the length of a school year) but they don't spend a penny and wait for the government to handle it and all the government wants in return is for you to maintain a 2.5gpa (a 2.5gpa is the same as getting 75/100 on every single test you get, this is beyond easy to maintain it should be much higher at least a 3.0 or 3.3)
This person is still working and has now saved $10,800 (since the first day of senior year in high school to the end of their first semester = Total 15months [not including 2 1/2 months of summer vacation] ) Now they have enough money to pay for 5 more semesters but what do they do ? Do they pay it themselves since they are maintaining a steady flow of income to support their college tuition? NOPE. They rely on the government and wait for them (the govt.) to pay for the next semesters tuition. What happens with that $10,800? They spend it all on EXPENSIVE things and they never worry about running out of money since they are constantly working and don't have to pay that $2500 for college. So while this person can clearly pay for their college tuition they choose not to because - why pay for college when you can get it paid for free solely because your PARENTS not you, are poor.

2. This kid has a medium/high income family and they can afford to pay for half/majority of the college tuition

- This 18 year old has done the same as the last person, but they come from a wealthier family with an income of $55k
This family only makes $15k more than the last family but they don't qualify for financial aid. $15K extra is chump change and they still dont qualify.

- This 18 year old has also saved $7,200- taxes and now the first semester comes and its also $2500 they don't qualify for financial aid so the 18 year old has to pay it himself. This person is now left with $4700. This person wants to buy a used car for $3000 but they can't because then they would have $1700 left for college tuition so they don't do it because its a bad financial investment and then they will have to worry about car maintenance prices, insurance, registration, gas etc.. everything that they worry about a person that receives financial aid doesn't.

So my whole point is EVERYONE can afford to go to college whether your poor, mid class or rich. Every individual can pay their way through college especially the young guys who still live with their parents. But those who have poor families take advantage of the government and say that they can't afford it so the government pays for the college tuition while the money being generated from working gets spent into expensive things that they want.
This is why you see all these "poor" scumbags who get financial aid in cars, nice clothing etc, because the money they make from working goes into stuff that they want. Whereas you see the wealthier people taking public transportation and not having expensive clothing (compared to the people who receive aid) because they have to manage their money carefully and not spend too much on 1 item because then there will be a problem into paying for the next semester. The wealthier family has to manage money and not spend everything while the person who gets aid can go buck wild and spend thousands of dollars on whatever they want because they don't have to manage their money since the gov't is already handling whats most important, the college tuition.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Financial Aid doesnt mean you go to college for free. I had FASFA help with my tuition and even low income at the time, I still had to pay for books, school supplies, parking, food, and the rest of my tuition it did not cover.

College for free.....that made me laugh.
By "go to college for free" i mean pay for the tuition. Without tuition there is no college hence "go to college for free". Oh and books are cheap you rent them for less than $100 (every student rents books) school supplies .. seriously? You make it sound like you need to buy crayons, No. You need a notebook and a pen. Parking is usually free? Food, everyone eats? What separates you from the 'wealthy' the fact that you pay NOTHING towards tuition is what separates you. Everyone else pays for what you just listed.

How much was your tuition compared to all the other things you paid for? How ignorant are you, YOU MAKE ME LAUGH. A person who does not receive financial aid gets $0 they get sh*t from the government where you got your fasfa and they paid for your college tuition for that semester. Those who DONT get help, they have to pay for college tuition + " books, school supplies, parking, food, and the rest of my tuition it did not cover. " like you said. The fact that you said "parking", makes me laugh even more. The money you make from working PAYS for the car you have, PAYS for the food you eat, the supplies and books you get. Meanwhile the person not getting any help doesnt even HAVE a car. They take public transportation why? Because all of there money is being directed towards college tuition + all of the other things you said. You have it easy. Enjoy your life depending on government aid. The poor will always stay poor because of people like you and your mentality. You wanna have a career with a degree? Pay the sh*t yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics