Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 06:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,569 times

Advertisements

I have 2 children and another on the way (this needs to be said, I was on birth control when I got pregnant this time around) my children are pedophile magnets, and apparently I am hunted by mother nature. Because there is so much I am going to be kind-of vague, so I can get to the point.

We were in a few (4) natural disasters back to back and despite overwhelming evidence, have only been able to get govt assistance to 'bounce back' once and that was the first time. the next few years have been one failed attempt at relocating and getting stable to the next, but I was retail and in the middle of getting my college education when the disasters struck so now I am in default and obviously retail experience doesn't count for much in the workforce. Now the place I ended up at, has no jobs, and the WORST scores for schools, my kids are failing in so many ways...I need to get out of here, but this time I would like to try and research and make the best decisions for making a living and supporting my family.

I need to know of other places, places with great community support (I am suffering from severe ptsd and am still financially destitute, practically homeless but am driven, will even volunteer my services to learn a new trade) no harsh winters -this isn't because I am picky, fact is I have bad joints and am in the mountains currently and frankly it hurts- I'd like a place that has a lot of "nature" stuff, with my ptsd we find nature seems to be the best fit for me, big cities are a NO. A town that offers a lot of community fun would be ideal, and isn't a "police state" type town where citizens are often harassed by public officials. I'm a constitutionalist and value my rights and personal space.

So can you guys share your towns so I can research them? I can research any town so if you could just name them thank you so much for your time in helping me with this. I feel very overwhelmed at the moment with the amount of research I feel I need to do to find the right place for me and my family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics