Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 07:22 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
And yet you didn't read my post that you replied to. I said that if I were the democrats I would get more and more of these people here. That way I would get votes and cheap labor. These people will not get anywhere. They Are unskilled and uneducAted. Their job would be to vote for the dems. The dems are going to get some stuff for them but never much. They will have fight among themselves for a terrible oversupply of labor and a tragic shortage of jobs.
Legal Immigrant = unskilled and uneducated?

That's not even worth addressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 11:09 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
You dont have to tax them... simply take away their assisted living.that lets them collect tens of thousands in free services a year and not have to work....

Old 09-03-2014, 11:14 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You should Google up "China Demographic Time Bomb". There are dozens of articles out there written by qualified people and they all end up with the same conclusion.
Another catastrophe is Russia, whose population has decreased by 15 million people in the past 25 years. They are down to 148 million.
There is not a single country in Europe with a birth rate of greater than 2.0, which is what is necessary to maintain a modern population.

World's population is shifting, but it has stopped growing. India. Pakistan. Nigeria. Those 3 are growing, and maybe a few minor countries.
I see noting wrong with a stable or declining population. Of course it wont work with financial systems depedent on perpetually accellerating growth to avoid collapse, nor does it work when you have ponzi schemes like social security that require more worker bees on the bottom to support the aging taking from the system. Make no mistake big financial hardships and reforms lie in our future...

I support tight immigration policy to keep rabbit breeding underclasses out of first world nations because they are a burden to the system and just encourage more overpopulation. First world nations need to learn to live within their means and reform.their fraction reserve compound interest based monetary systems.... ....

Our current welfare system encourages underclass minorities to breed like rabbits leading to a higher number of children being raised in undesirable conditions with undesirable value systems...assisted living should only allowed to be collected for a certain time period and up to 2 kids only, not indefinitely. Tough choices.eventually will have to be.made...

Last edited by sholomar; 09-03-2014 at 11:24 AM..

Old 09-03-2014, 03:40 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,218,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Legal Immigrant = unskilled and uneducated?

That's not even worth addressing.
Who said legal immigration? We have large number of undocumented immigrants.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:48 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Not really. The fact is we need more younger people ;not less. Just as now we have to import many professionals which is a different problem.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Not really. The fact is we need more younger people ;not less. Just as now we have to import many professionals which is a different problem.
That's all fine for me. But people have to learn to pay for their decisions.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:35 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
That's all fine for me. But people have to learn to pay for their decisions.
Keep your words in mind when there are not enough young workers paying taxes to fund your SS and Medicare benefits.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:10 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Who said legal immigration? We have large number of undocumented immigrants.
This is what you wrote. I will bold parts that I referring to.

Quote:
And yet you didn't read my post that you replied to. I said that if I were the democrats I would get more and more of these people here. That way I would get votes and cheap labor. These people will not get anywhere. They Are unskilled and uneducAted. Their job would be to vote for the dems. The dems are going to get some stuff for them but never much. They will have fight among themselves for a terrible oversupply of labor and a tragic shortage of jobs.
You are referring to

1) immigrant ("get more and more of these people here")

2) unskilled and uneducated ("They Are unskilled and uneducAted.")

3) qualified for voting ("Their job would be to vote for the dems")

Therefore, Legal immigrant.

To reiterate Mr Rational, "Do you really believe that nonsense?"

followed by.... its not worth even addressing.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:18 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Keep your words in mind when there are not enough young workers
paying taxes to fund your SS and Medicare benefits.
If they don't ALSO have to pay for a large pool their own age who can't or won't
earn enough to fend for themselves and by will suck down services and add tax burden...
having fewer overall will be just fine.

The key is finding a balance... at a lower overall number.
No, it won't be easy or happen overnight.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
This is what you wrote. I will bold parts that I referring to.

You are referring to

1) immigrant ("get more and more of these people here")

2) unskilled and uneducated ("They Are unskilled and uneducAted.")

3) qualified for voting ("Their job would be to vote for the dems")

Therefore, Legal immigrant.

To reiterate Mr Rational, "Do you really believe that nonsense?"

followed by.... its not worth even addressing.
Everyone is eventually potentially qualified for voting. I'm not talking about whether they can vote today. I'm saying in the future. Legal immigrants aren't necessarily qualified for voting either. Green card holders without US citizenship are legal immigrants but they are still citizens of another country and can't vote. Many go for years before they finally become US citizen as they wanted to hold onto their motherland.

In addition, Highly educated immigrants don't go for democrats as often and much as poor and uneducated immigrants(of color). The latter need help, a lot more help, which creates market demand for the democratic party and its policies. Cheap votes will eventually outcompete cheap labor. We are looking at a future of a democratic majority, potentially in traditionally republican states. Young people are leaving the Republican Party in droves. Low socioeconomic immigrants are much more likely to vote democratic these days.

But immigration also has another effect and it isn't going to do favors to the far left. Immigrants reduce the cost of doing business, increase labor market competition, and prevent the sort of European social democratic establishment from forming. Immigrants may identify with the left on racial issues, but on many other issues, not very much.

Immigrants help form communities more perceived by ethnicity, not socioeconomic class. It is precisely among liberal whites where social democratic ideas are the strongest and most entitled, where class seems to dominate discussions. Immigration can be a good counterbalance to the predominantly white far left, who are arguably the most powerful and effective opponents to capitalism. Not to mention, that today's immigration would outnumber whites, particularly low-birthrate liberal whites, creating a very different population with different politics, where European social democracy is increasingly culturally alien and unfamiliar, where more and more people didn't grow up privileged and entitled. You see that with many employers and companies, big and small businesses. You see the advocacy for unlimited h1bs, a great idea.

We are going to be a different nation and for good.

Last edited by Costaexpress; 09-03-2014 at 07:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics