Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 10:22 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,054,053 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm one of those evil Millionaires who are living lavish lives and not paying their fair share.
The government says I'm responsible for a low minimum wage, people without homes and high health care costs.

Almost every speech I hear Obama talk about how bad we are and should pay our fair share!

So here I am to brag about my life. To tell you, the little people, how I live in luxury.
This is my confession, so eat your heart out.

I drive expensive and luxurious cars!
I own a 9 year old Saturn Vue. It's the length of a small car and I use it to haul rocks, junk, drywall etc. I used it to haul stuff when I built shelving in my luxurious one car garage. But I park on the street. On some day's I even have someone else drive me to work. That's right, I have someone who's only job is to drive people like me to work. It's the 156 bus.
My wife parks in the garage in her 8 year old car we bought used.
And my garage has an automatic garage door opener! hahahaha luxury!

I wear high priced clothes!
Right now I'm wearing a Gap Henley, a sweater from REI, hiking boots from 3 years ago, and Levis Jeans that are a year old. That's right beatches, my jeans are only a year old!

I eat at expensive restaurants!
My last dinner I ate at the neighborhood bar. Before lunch I ate at potbellies. For our 10th anniversary we went to an Italian place and rang up an outrageous bill of $170.
We go out to eat 2-3 times a month, because we can!

I shop at the best stores!
Gap, Levis, Costco, REI, Nordstrums and Macy's. Why just this year I got a tailored suit. I didn't really need one, my last suit I bought was in 2004 when I got married.
See, I even buy expensive clothes when I don't need to!
And I just got back from Costco and divided the food into two person servings. We have a STOCKED freezer, with MEAT!

I have money just spread around me!
Right now I have $42 in wallet as 'mad money'. That's money I carry around just in case I want to spend it! I have a big honking bowl of coins by the washing machine, cuz cash just flows out of my pockets. Why this week alone I found 52 cents that I picked up off the ground. Mostly its just pennies, but I pick up every one I see. Money must just fall from the sky around me!

Both my wife and I work full time jobs. Mine is 40 hours a week, my wife is a little more. She just got finished working 9 days straight. She spent 15 years learning her craft. I supported the family and she only have a mere $150,000 in student loans. We make so much, the government told us the student loans were no longer tax deductible. So we get to pay out about $12,000 a year in loans for interest only. We have so much money we pay the interest off every month. (But for some reason the principle is going up)

But back to the point. We are Millionaires!!!!

Yep, I've got it all calculated out. Right now we can retire in the high life!
At our ages we can expect to retire with $1,600 a month for the rest of our lives. That is 20% over the poverty rate! Ha HA HA!
Shoot we even have money to pay for my father in law's medical bill deductible after he fell down the stairs.

(except for that pesky student loan. )

So when you hear that those Millionaires aren't paying their fair share and are living the high life. They are talking about us Beatches!!!!! Obama says we are RICH!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 10:40 AM

148 posts, read 519,711 times
Funny, Obama is a millionaire his self. Does he pay his "share"?

Personally, I know a few millionaires and they live exactly like you. They don't live in penthouses or have nice beach house with an Mercedes SL in the garage...

I was dirt poor at one point, I am not angry at you. I recovered (well recovering).

Old 10-19-2014, 10:45 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,059,306 times
Could i borrow some money?

Old 10-19-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall-Florida View Post
Funny, Obama is a millionaire his self. Does he pay his "share"?
According to the IRS you have to pay taxes on employer provided housing, food, medical, transportation.
So no
There is no way he can abide by the same rules he has placed on others.
Not now or in the future.

Old 10-19-2014, 12:06 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,949,471 times
Ummmm Tenzo? Was that a serious post? If your not trolling what exactly are you doing that's causing your retirement to be a mere $1,600 when you retire (among other things you posted)? If your total net worth (minus liabilities) is truly over $1 Million, it seems really farfetched that your retirement will be that low when you retire........

Old 10-19-2014, 12:23 PM

23,519 posts, read 69,907,878 times
<whatever> With delaying your payoff on those loans and a few other things, you may not need to be worrying about being millionaires too long. I noticed that whenever I have had money and mentioned it, dozens of folks came out of the woodwork with ways to separate it from me.

You are stimulating the economy (read: giving money to the owners of those businesses you frequent). I see you are also still on the great U.S. hamster exercise wheel, good for you. However, the smart money invests and sits back watching other hamsters run (preferably in low-wage countries with no human rights).

Old 10-19-2014, 02:24 PM

50,115 posts, read 35,754,801 times
I don't know anyone who thinks millionaires are evil. I think big money institutions are, Wall Street, Monsanto, big oil, and the very, very rich (I wouldn't put everyday millionaires in that group) who hide millions in the Cayman's are, and companies like CVS who buy Canadian chains just so they can stop paying US taxes are, but if you don't have that kind of influence or power, I think you're inflating your sense of importance to most of us.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
Ummmm Tenzo? Was that a serious post? If your not trolling what exactly are you doing that's causing your retirement to be a mere $1,600 when you retire (among other things you posted)? If your total net worth (minus liabilities) is truly over $1 Million, it seems really farfetched that your retirement will be that low when you retire........
[1,000,000 (savings) -$150000 (student loan) ] / 30 (life expectancy) / 12 (months per year) = 2,361(less student loan payments)
= $1600.

Of course that assumes that I the loan amount doesn't increase like it is now.

Now,
It's not a Troll.
The government is trolling saying that Millionaires have too much money and need to pay their fair share.

The government is even talking about not allowing you unemployment benefits if you have $1M.

My point is that people who manage to save $1M and have no pension are not unduly rich.
and I'm tired of it showing up in every one of Obama's speeches.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:39 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,786,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't know anyone who thinks millionaires are evil. I think big money institutions are, Wall Street, Monsanto, big oil, and the very, very rich (I wouldn't put everyday millionaires in that group) who hide millions in the Cayman's are, and companies like CVS who buy Canadian chains just so they can stop paying US taxes are, but if you don't have that kind of influence or power, I think you're inflating your sense of importance to most of us.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:49 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,195,765 times
Millionaires are everywhere.
It's the multi's the Prez may be talking about.
I know a few...they are great.
One gave me money to pay off my mortgage. No strings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics