Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 09:21 PM

319 posts, read 303,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I think a crash is not going to happen any time soon........but I know very little.

That being said, it looks like the up and up and up movement of the market has peaked, it is more volatile and unpredictable.
You seem new to this. That sort of volatility is a sigh of underlying problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 09:49 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Miller View Post
We can see the crazy valuations in the 20s and 30s. I just want us to hit the market bottom already. I'm ready to go all in since I invest 90% of my income.
So let's get this straight... you are hoping for financial ruin for millions of people to satisfy your personal greed?

No wonder why this country is declining.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
So let's get this straight... you are hoping for financial ruin for millions of people to satisfy your personal greed?

No wonder why this country is declining.
It's only financial ruin for idiots who bail out at the bottom and refuse to go back in.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:16 AM

106,557 posts, read 108,696,306 times
since buffet called the bond bubble ready to burst years ago when bonds it 3% which was 1/2 their historical yield , since that wrong call appreciation went up almost 100% and still holding well.

no one knows what is next and those who run on yesterdays news are destined to be a lot poorer because there is never a good time for any asset.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:21 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Miller View Post
It's only financial ruin for idiots who bail out at the bottom and refuse to go back in.
No, it's not. Do you live in a fairyland?!

Recessions KILL people. The market crashing means thousands of Americans lose their jobs and have suffering ahead of them. It is the epitome of greed to wish that on other people just to satisfy your lust for wealth.

Recessions are cyclical.. but people who hope and yearn for them to make an extra buck need to get a psych evaluation. Stop trying to time the market and just go in. I hope we don't have another major recession.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:

Recessions KILL people. The market crashing means thousands of Americans lose their jobs and have suffering ahead of them. It is the epitome of greed to wish that on other people just to satisfy your lust for wealth.

Recessions are cyclical.. but people who hope and yearn for them to make an extra buck need to get a psych evaluation. Stop trying to time the market and just go in. I hope we don't have another major recession.
I'm already in this market. I just don't feel comfortable with how long this bull has lasted. We need another crash to kick off a secular bull.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:13 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,112,647 times
Dollar cost averager here, generally don't bother trying to time the market. That being said I'm sitting on a lot of cash waiting for the streak to break because stocks are doing way too well for me right now.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Dollar cost averager here, generally don't bother trying to time the market. That being said I'm sitting on a lot of cash waiting for the streak to break because stocks are doing way too well for me right now.
I dollar cost average but I only buy in when there's panic. Like the last 2 weeks I bought when the market went down 1% or so. I refuse to buy when people are stupidly bullish. I also loved to buy mid-October, Mid-December, etc.
This is a February, it's almost guaranteed to be a down month. The analysts are just trying to sell stock by being unnecessarily bullish.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:22 AM

3,792 posts, read 2,383,522 times
Quote:
He doesn't live in Fairyland. He makes small scale investment decisions based on large scale economic happenings.
Quote:

What happens in markets is they overshoot the optimum and have a correction. A small over shoot followed by a small correction isn't that big of a deal. We had a large overshoot peeking in 1999, then another one peeking in 2007. We've got three overshoots at the same time currently.
Quote:

If you've got a toothache. Do you want it pulled? What you see as greed I see as OK lest get the pain over with.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:33 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,786,210 times
Every market has a bargain. You just have to be willing to do your home work. We bought our fixer in a super hot market and looked at nearly 100 houses before we bought ours. We also bought it for 15k under asking. Unheard of at the time. We found a rich relative that just wanted to unload his Aunt's house. See leg work and home work. Now get on out there and start making some money!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics