U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 04:18 PM

1,715 posts, read 3,663,892 times

Advertisements

Has anyone noticed their tax return taking longer than normal? I e-filed back on 3/8, accepted on 3/9 and it is still showing as being processed as of today on the Where's My Refund IRS site, not even showing as approved much less sent. Last year we had it in about 7 days. And this year is less complicated than last year. I used Turbo Tax, but read that they had fixed the security problem before I even started mine.

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing a longer than normal delay in refunds. We are moving in 2 weeks and I really wanted to close out my checking account before we left, but can't do that before getting the refund.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 04:24 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,528,703 times
I owe federal taxes this year, so that gets mailed on the 15th, but I filed my state taxes (with a significant refund) about 6 weeks ago, and still have not received my check. It's normally a 4 week process when filed this early.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:52 PM

8,477 posts, read 4,663,797 times
My federal refund took about a week.

My NJ state refund took a month or so.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:56 AM

78 posts, read 95,037 times
We filed ours about 4 weeks ago (in MI) and got our federal refund within 7 days. It was several days after I had expected our state refund to be deposited into our account (the email said the average turn around time was 21 days) when we received a letter from the state saying we were randomly picked to verify the accuracy of our return and a two sided form was enclosed that we have to fill out (same stuff as on the original return) with a request for documentation (more than originally needed to file) as well. The letter said we would either receive our refund (if they determined everything to be accurate) or a follow-up letter within 12 weeks (if they determine our return to be not accurate) from the day they received the requested form and documentation back. This has never happened to us before as we usually receive our refunds about a week or two apart from each other.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:21 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,259,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by searching4info View Post
We filed ours about 4 weeks ago (in MI) and got our federal refund within 7 days. It was several days after I had expected our state refund to be deposited into our account (the email said the average turn around time was 21 days) when we received a letter from the state saying we were randomly picked to verify the accuracy of our return and a two sided form was enclosed that we have to fill out (same stuff as on the original return) with a request for documentation (more than originally needed to file) as well. The letter said we would either receive our refund (if they determined everything to be accurate) or a follow-up letter within 12 weeks (if they determine our return to be not accurate) from the day they received the requested form and documentation back. This has never happened to us before as we usually receive our refunds about a week or two apart from each other.
If you have a home heating credit in Michigan.........make sure your heating provider has the right dates.

I have a friend still waiting from last year for her credit.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:09 PM

Actually we just got our SC refund last week. Last year it was about the same amount of time for the state.

Now I'm really concerned. I only hope that there wasn't a problem with the Turbo Tax. I don't want to have to hassle with it all. We have to go out of town for a couple of days the first of the week but if don't get it by the time we get home I guess I'm going to have to call.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:46 PM

3,798 posts, read 2,799,216 times
I used a software program other than Turbo Tax and I received both my state and federal refund within 14 days of filing. This was during the month of March. Could Turbo Tax returns be delayed while those associated with other programs are not delayed?

Old 03-28-2015, 07:51 PM

5,293 posts, read 20,709,725 times
The first of March my federal filing and refund took ten days.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:05 PM

78 posts, read 95,037 times
Thanks Driller1 I'll double check the dates.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:34 PM

Ours finally came through yesterday and posted today. It was their stated maximum 21 days on Monday. We had been away and I was getting ready to call them, but it was there this morning, thank goodness.

Hope everyone gets theirs soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or