Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 07:59 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by candycanechick View Post
Today, I read an article on whether or not more access to higher education would fix income inequality. A few days ago, I read an article about how minorities suffer from income inequalities. There is a lot of talk floating around, with a lot of ideas.

Fundamentally, it's all talking about how much money the "rich" have compared to the poor. Considering it's an interest game, it seems impossible to catch up. Like how they say it's more important to contribute to your 401k in your 20's because of how compounding interest works. So it seems like people who say, bought $40 coke stock in 1919 would always be significantly richer than those who buy is roughly 100 years later for $40.

Just wondering if anyone sees income inequality as something that can be fixed? And what does "fixed" mean to you?

There always is and it's nothing but a stick to stir the pot so people such as yourself will post it in some forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 08:05 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,218,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Absurd. The United States is not exempt from reality. No person or state gets to circumvent the consequences of irresponsible behavior. Continuing to collectivize and socialize individual problems will end badly, and will create a society of miserable mooching miscreants. And eventually a Greece where irrational masses demand largesse from anyone and from anywhere. Too stupid and too conditioned to save themselves from themselves.

We don't want that.
When a person says the USA wont bankrupt, it is them who live in a fantasy land. And here these people blame others for living in fantasy land. The unsustainable government spending is a reality. To continue thinking that such spending is feasible is a complete fantasy.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:09 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
When a person says the USA wont bankrupt, it is them who live in a fantasy land. And here these people blame others for living in fantasy land. The unsustainable government spending is a reality. To continue thinking that such spending is feasible is a complete fantasy.
Again, you don't live in reality.

The United States being unable to be bankrupt is not an opinion.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
All government officials are on the major corporations payroll whether they know it or not.

It doesn't matter who the majority of the house or congress. You'll see agendas that favors big companies get moved and passed much quicker than legislation that help the tax payers.
Bingo. It really doesn't matter which party is in congress at this point. I find the posters here defending the Democratic Party very clueless and idealistic.

I do not associate with either political party. We have our own philosophies, each one of us. But being partisan is another thing. Not to mention, that many liberals expect the democrats to deliver what they want.

Do people really think that either party will?

Old 04-08-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

Anyone is able to bankrupt. An earthquake can wipe us out. A pandemic can kill all of us. You want me to continue?

Old 04-08-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
Anyone is able to bankrupt. An earthquake can wipe us out. A pandemic can kill all of us. You want me to continue?
You do not issue currency. You use currency. There is a significant difference. You have to ask for more U.S. dollars. The U.S. government does not have to ask anyone for U.S. dollars.

Earthquakes and pandemics are irrelevant. Stop deflecting.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:43 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:

This is a perfect example of what happens when someone operates without a cogent philosophy that they can name and discuss. You end up with someone reading giblets of absurdity on some godforsaken psychosite with an agenda and parroting them on a forum like this one. In fact, 90% of the forum ends up being half-baked giblets of nonsensical pablum. Fortunately, and borderline superheroically, I am on City-Data to handle it here, but I can't be everywhere.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
This is a perfect example of what happens when someone operates without a cogent philosophy that they can name and discuss. You end up with someone reading giblets of absurdity on some godforsaken psychosite with an agenda and parroting them on a forum like this one. In fact, 90% of the forum ends up being half-baked giblets of nonsensical pablum. Fortunately, and borderline superheroically, I am on City-Data to handle it here, but I can't be everywhere.
In other words, you cannot comprehend the factual statement coming out of my mouth. Read it slowly.

The United States is monetarily sovereign. It cannot go bankrupt.

Repeat it 100 times if you have to.

Hell, don't take my word for it. Listen to Alan.

Taken from page 2:

Quote:
That all of these claims on government are readily accepted
reflects the fact that a government cannot become insolvent with
respect to obligations in its own currency. A fiat money system, like
the ones we have today, can produce such claims without limit.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:50 PM

5,667 posts, read 6,593,451 times
Quote:
Repeat it 100 times if you have to.
Don't feed the troll! Repeat it 100 times.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rruff View Post
Don't feed the troll! Repeat it 100 times.
Trolls actually understand what they are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics