Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 10:26 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
You keep creating strawmen about "them" "they" and what "they" say you can or should have. It's a rather strange way of debating or having a conversation.

I actually asked what you paid in federal taxes and what your income was so if you answered I wouldn't need to say "well you made a lot of money"
A hell of a lot more than you did. Your contribution to the dead beats of this country is laughable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 10:30 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
A hell of a lot more than you did. Your contribution to the dead beats of this country is laughable.
Your avoidance is telling

Old 04-22-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Your avoidance is telling
A hell of a lot more than you.

By the way, if you would read, I'll help you out... if I tell anyone their response is "well that must mean you're making money". Nah, I didn't build that and I don't have the right to keep my money. We got dead beats to feed and people who pay a "pittance" in federal taxes that demand others pay more.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:35 AM

Have fun people... the American dream is dead, you don't have a right to earn a higher income because if you do start to pull a high income, there may be many years or there may be little time to build your wealth but there are people like Lowexpectations that thinks government should take your money from you.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:39 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
A hell of a lot more than you.

By the way, if you would read, I'll help you out... if I tell anyone their response is "well that must mean you're making money". Nah, I didn't build that and I don't have the right to keep my money. We got dead beats to feed and people who pay a "pittance" in federal taxes that demand others pay more.

I'm not sure if you simply aren't educated enough on the topic to disicuss it like an adult but you certainly are more than capable of creating host of strawmen. Weeks ago I clearly demonstrated in a prior thread that you didn't understand the marginal tax bracket system and what that means vs effective rates. I'd guess your withholding of discussion is because your actual withholding isn't nearly as bad as you have played it up to be

Old 04-22-2015, 10:40 AM

This straw man is just imagining those huge checks I wrote to the government lol <sarcasm>

As I said no problem, I'll just be a dependent that you young folks trying to pay your way through life can pay for.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:08 AM

aaahh, look at the American dream. For people who make the effort, working long hours, studying hard, who do become successful and now have the school debt or business debt and continue working hard, look what you get to do.... You get to hand over more of your money to the government while those who didn't make an effort keep their money or get money they never paid in.

Yes, "The American Dream"

Old 04-22-2015, 11:21 AM

3,497 posts, read 2,663,404 times
Quote:
aaahh, look at the American dream. For people who make the effort, working long hours, studying hard, who do become successful and now have the school debt or business debt and continue working hard, look what you get to do.... You get to hand over more of your money to the government while those who didn't make an effort keep their money or get money they never paid in.

Yes, "The American Dream"
Well I'm happy with it, great life, great income and my total effective rate is only around 11%.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:22 AM

A good friend of mine who grew up even poorer than me went to college and graduated and is now an attorney, wow I though, I'm so happy and proud of him. He was so excited at his graduation party but that changed. Fast forward, we keep in touch and a couple years back I asked how it felt to be an attorney to which he replied. Well...actually I thought I would be doing better financially, I make good money I have so much school debt I could have bought a house and I pay a lot of taxes, maybe some day I can get married and buy a home but not now. The job is tough and I deal with a lot of crazy things people do.

Yea... The Great American Dream.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
Well I'm happy with it, great life, great income and my total effective rate is only around 11%.
Good for you. Obviously you don't have a drive to provide for your family better. You're good where you are. That's your choice. I hope you're saving for your future too though. Hey at least you have some drive. I just didn't realize that if you want better part of that was supporting people that have no drive or a greedy government that spends our money like there is plenty where that come from.

As I say, don't support government taking more from someone else because some day you may be on their radar. Read about AMT, that's a sneaky tax (supposed to be a "tax the rich" tax) that may get you one day.

Last edited by petch751; 04-22-2015 at 11:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics