Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 05:30 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,184,712 times

Advertisements

So your own "golden parachute" must have been pretty darned impressive after all that upper echelon corporate service and all. Certainly you must make more than some mere distinguished fellow in residence at Brookings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 09:17 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,628,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
So your own "golden parachute" must have been pretty darned impressive after all that upper echelon corporate service and all. Certainly you must make more than some mere distinguished fellow in residence at Brookings.
For me. I was honored by being allowed to observe the disgusting shenanigans - up until the point I was so nauseous that I quit the game. Golden parachutes are reserved for the CEO and accomplices - like Bernanke and Greenspan.

Old 10-24-2015, 01:00 PM

518 posts, read 764,156 times
I mean is this a surprise to anyone? You scratch my back, I scratch yours.

Of course the real victims are middle class America. And as they said, wall st got bailed out and main st got left out. Welfare is reserved only for the big banks and the elites...now in the form of incredibly low interest rates and whatnot as well as the TARP deal.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
For me. I was honored by being allowed to observe the disgusting shenanigans - up until the point I was so nauseous that I quit the game. Golden parachutes are reserved for the CEO and accomplices - like Bernanke and Greenspan.
So I guess you were just some no-account flunkie. Kind of a change in tune there. Except for your persistent ignorance of the facts, it had all been spun to make it sound like you were in there rubbing elbows with the big boys all day long. Guess not.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
Of course the real victims are middle class America. And as they said, wall st got bailed out and main st got left out. Welfare is reserved only for the big banks and the elites...now in the form of incredibly low interest rates and whatnot as well as the TARP deal.
The TARP deal? Seriously? And the financial bailouts were not done to save any Wall Street fat cats. Regulators would as soon have seen them start burning in hell right away. But you can't do that. If you let the financial system fail, it comes down on top of everybody. That's YOUR job, YOUR home, YOUR savings, and YOUR future. THAT'S what was being bailed out.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:15 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,782,627 times
He is certainly doing better than some dollar store shopper who plays internet expert.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
He is certainly doing better than some dollar store shopper who plays internet expert.
LOL! You should visit your local Dollar Store or Dollar Tree. Learn why so many of the wealthy shop there. Valuable Lesson: You don't get or stay rich by spending more money than you need to.

And for what it's worth, I was already an expert in the days of Telnet and FTP.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:02 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,628,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
So I guess you were just some no-account flunkie. Kind of a change in tune there. Except for your persistent ignorance of the facts, it had all been spun to make it sound like you were in there rubbing elbows with the big boys all day long. Guess not.
Not really. I never sold out. I maintained my integrity unlike some very obvious lackies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics