Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 09:57 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,000 times

Advertisements

Of course income equality will get worse. It occurs naturally when you have the benefits of corporation and in a global market. It gets even worse when automation minimizes the corporate need for people.

Personal discipline, motivation and aptitude (or lack of) are tiny factors compared to the above (global capitalism).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 10:01 AM

5,342 posts, read 6,164,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Stop kidding yourself. Most of the millionaires are from Wall Street and they are what they are.
Believe whatever makes you sleep well at night. There are 10 million millionaires in the US or about one for every 18 people above the age of 25. I find it hard to believe most of them work on Wallstreet.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:03 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,626,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Of course income equality will get worse. It occurs naturally when you have the benefits of corporation and in a global market. It gets even worse when automation minimizes the corporate need for people.

Personal discipline, motivation and aptitude (or lack of) are tiny factors compared to the above (global capitalism).
Nothing natural going on here. The Central Banks are handing out trillions of dollars of free money to their cronies. Very simple. And people are so in love with cheap debt that the Central Banks get away with it. Welcome to the new Serf Society.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourah2006 View Post
Believe whatever makes you sleep well at night. There are 10 million millionaires in the US or about one for every 18 people above the age of 25. I find it hard to believe most of them work on Wallstreet.
Believe what you want. I recommend you do more research. Silicon Valley is another place you'll find lots of really hard working, hard scamming millionaires. All cut from the same cloth. Florida mortgage scammers are another bunch to look up to.

Free money from the Feds had totally corrupted or economic system and our society. Makes me ill.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:24 AM

903 posts, read 582,790 times
I get so tired of these threads on "inequality".

First, it will continue, because when your income reaches a point where you can save more and more, it will grow on its own. It is called the power of compounding.

Second, it is no one's job to make up for your shortfalls. If you can't afford to live where you work you have a few choices. Grow your income with a 2nd (or 3rd job), reduce your expenses (do you really need a starbucks every day?), or move.

We have done all three at different periods in our lives.
cd :O)

Old 11-20-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
I get so tired of these threads on "inequality".

First, it will continue, because when your income reaches a point where you can save more and more, it will grow on its own. It is called the power of compounding.

Second, it is no one's job to make up for your shortfalls. If you can't afford to live where you work you have a few choices. Grow your income with a 2nd (or 3rd job), reduce your expenses (do you really need a starbucks every day?), or move.

We have done all three at different periods in our lives.
cd :O)
Right. All perfectly doable with those gorgeous minimum wage jobs that are growing leaps and bounds. Listen, this isn't the 1950s anymore. This is the Age of Corruption and the New Serf Society. Time to read more of these threads.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:39 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,566,714 times
Life just isn't fair for those of us who aren't talented, beautiful, or motivated enough.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
Life just isn't fair for those of us who aren't talented, beautiful, or motivated enough.
Life isn't fair period. Life, today, favors those who don't mind cheating and scamming so they can make their millions. Way too much free money being printed for the cheats

Old 11-20-2015, 12:53 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,301,876 times
Life sucks, get a helmet...

Old 11-20-2015, 01:12 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spodi90 View Post
Do you think income inequality will continue to rise in America in the coming decades no matter which party controls the U.S. government? Please don't be partisan on this issue, just give me an objective opinion without a political bias (it is possible if you try).
I really don't think it will. The politics of this will force that the nation address this. I hope that the solution focuses more on helping being the low income up instead of bringing the high income down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics