Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2016, 12:35 PM

10,068 posts, read 7,239,454 times

Advertisements

I hope I live to see interest rates rise and then all the Ron Paul "end the Fed" types that we see post on here will have to find something else to complain about.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:18 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,310 times
By the end of the year, I hope the employment to population ratio is at least 60%. Right now, it's at 59.8%.

I'd like to see average hourly earnings hit the $26 mark, up from the current $25.79.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:24 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
By the end of the year, I hope the employment to population ratio is at least 60%. Right now, it's at 59.8%.

I'd like to see average hourly earnings hit the $26 mark, up from the current $25.79.
Wage inflation would be good.

With our Boomer demographics a higher employment ratio may be hard to get.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:30 PM

1,766 posts, read 1,223,628 times
As I said many times, this so called recovery is a fake recovery obviously. It is debt induced, FED engineered and false or phony recovery. The FED is considering raising rates now because the recovery is so strong. Really??????? If you believe in this story then you should also believe in Fairy Tales .

A recovery with rates at or near zero that leaves a great company like Caterpillar with this kind of chart.
http://www.investmentu.com/assets/im...ear-Change.png
So, are we raising rates for fear of runaway CAT earnings? This is a pretty accurate picture of our zero interest-rate global phony economy.

Remember, no real economic growth is possible unless we go thru Dark Forest and meet our God again, experience massive pain and sufferings, learn how to pray again and understand that Mother Nature can't be cheated or defeated with some cheap tricks and gimmicks from the Fed or anyone else.

I just wonder how long are you people stay in denial and when are you going to face the truth finally????????

Old 10-18-2016, 02:43 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
As I said many times, this so called recovery is a fake recovery obviously. It is debt induced, FED engineered and false or phony recovery. The FED is considering raising rates now because the recovery is so strong. Really??????? If you believe in this story then you should also believe in Fairy Tales .

A recovery with rates at or near zero that leaves a great company like Caterpillar with this kind of chart.
http://www.investmentu.com/assets/im...ear-Change.png
So, are we raising rates for fear of runaway CAT earnings? This is a pretty accurate picture of our zero interest-rate global phony economy.

Remember, no real economic growth is possible unless we go thru Dark Forest and meet our God again, experience massive pain and sufferings, learn how to pray again and understand that Mother Nature can't be cheated or defeated with some cheap tricks and gimmicks from the Fed or anyone else.

I just wonder how long are you people stay in denial and when are you going to face the truth finally????????
Caterpillar is retreating because of over investment in China, at a time when China is starting to do less in the way of massive industrial and community building. i.e. China is creating less debt and Caterpillar is suffering.

The Chilling Thing Caterpillar’s President Said about China | Wolf Street

Of course a huge infrastructure investment right here and today in the USA would be very helpful for them IMO. And with our current money system, that would require much more USD denominated debt. Several $T.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:03 PM

4,224 posts, read 3,018,697 times
Quote:
That's 59.8% of people 16 years of age and older residing in the 50 states and DC who are not inmates of penal institutions, mental health facilities, or homes for the aged, and who are not on active duty with any branch of the Armed Forces. Was there reason not to use the labor force participation rate instead? That's at 62.8%

Quote:
Those data are for earnings by workers on private sector non-farm payrolls. Sometimes a better measure is Employer Costs of Employee Compensation -- recently at $34.05 per hour -- as that includes both wages and benefits and also covers state and local government workers.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
With our Boomer demographics a higher employment ratio may be hard to get.
Comprehensive immigration reform would solve what some purport to be a problem. The US is already better positioned vis-a-vis the aging-crisis than China, Japan, Korea, and pretty much all of Western Europe. This is because of the pools of young, healthy immigrant workers who have come to America over the past 30 years or so. We have large numbers that could improve our situation even further presently waiting just south of the border.

Assuming that we do not tap that resource in the meantime, the labor force participation rate is projected to continue its current 16-year decline well into the next decade and likely beyond.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:20 PM

1,766 posts, read 1,223,628 times
That's right Lieqiang, phony and fake recovery or economic growth. The Fed managed to fix the markets (stock market and real estate market; but they can't fix the economy. Our economy has been dead for 16 years and Fed has been masking this fact with debt, printing money, lowering interest rates to zero, stalling pretending we can avoid deflation. But nothing can bring back organic economic growth again unless we go thru deflation first. So no wonder that this so called economic recovery feels worse then any previous recession for many Americans.

Fake recovery indeed. The Fed has succeeded in getting those Americans that could least afford to spend whatever savings they had(or add to debt if they have none), so as to transfer wealth to the 1% of wealthy Americans, Landlord Class and so called Masters of the Universe. Shameful!!!

Look Lieqianq, I understand you are afraid of death, afraid of loosing your material wealth. You and your wife don't want to go back to work again. But good news is (if there is one) that your wife may find a lot of work when downturn hits. She is a lawyer, right? Lawyers protect the Business Class people from going to jail, by providing them loopholes in the law. In fact, the basis of your wife's legal profession is to serve the rich with labyrinthine legal maneuvers designed to neutralize or outflank laws designed to require more ethical business relations. Check out lawyers’ fees lately? Who can afford to pay a lawyer today but the rich and the super-rich?

Lawyers exist as a class of bottom-feeders who are paid huge sums of money to pervert American laws and swing the balance of power against social justice, toward organized crime -- the ‘winners’ in American society who get rich by breaking the laws. Lawyers are an army of mercenaries working for the criminal underworld and the criminal overworld. Like prostitues, lawyers work for anyone who can afford to pay them. (I don’t mean to insult prostitutes, who have more honor as a class of human beings than lawyers do.)

Lawyers in my book are nothing else but an educated Con-Men!!!!

Old 10-18-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
Lawyers in my book are nothing else but an educated Con-Men!!!!
At least they are educated then.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:54 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
I met a man who had more than four decades of education and experience in the field of economics. I also met a man who had no such credentials at all. When it came to discussing economics, which do you suppose brayed louder while making far less sense?
Depends if the economist was a "freshwater economist" or a "saltwater economist."

Also depends if he knows the punchline to the joke about the 2 economists walking on the sidewalk, passing a $100 bill on the ground, with neither bending down to pick it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics