Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 12:22 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
I've read a bunch of BS posts here in the last few days, even with one guy claiming to have an MBA, etc...saying it can't be done.

I don't want to jinx myself....but since mid March, I have made an average of 700.00 dollars a day in net trading profits for every single trading day since March 17th..That's with a 170k of initial trading capital and, trading just 3 to 4 of the same stocks throughout the whole time period.

That's also no shortning, no spreads, no options....and no computer programs. Besides being able able to read and analyze charts, the key component is insatiable interest.

It can be done...and it can be done by almost anyone who has extreme interest and a few bucks to work with.

One last thing - You do need a trading platform - but you do not need to pay a broker for picks or advice.
A 2.5 month track record? Solid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 12:25 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, the conversion is really all that counts. It doesn't matter if the GBP is "more" than the USD - all that matters at the end of the day is what something actually costs.
It doesn't work that way and you will ruin your vacation every time you buy a cup of tea. Thanks but no thanks. I rather enjoy my vacation.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:27 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
Quote:
I've read a bunch of BS posts here in the last few days, even with one guy claiming to have an MBA, etc...saying it can't be done.

I don't want to jinx myself....but since mid March, I have made an average of 700.00 dollars a day in net trading profits for every single trading day since March 17th..That's with a 170k of initial trading capital and, trading just 3 to 4 of the same stocks throughout the whole time period.

That's also no shortning, no spreads, no options....and no computer programs. Besides being able able to read and analyze charts, the key component is insatiable interest.

It can be done...and it can be done by almost anyone who has extreme interest and a few bucks to work with.

One last thing - You do need a trading platform - but you do not need to pay a broker for picks or advice.
I made that much on less capital. No trading platform. Just momentum player.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:41 PM

491 posts, read 375,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Hang onto your hats!

Overall I think things will be fine. Our markets are all so knee jerk that it's ridiculous. But meanwhile, there may be some good deals out there, who knows?

I'm not a big risk taker with the bulk of our finances but I do like to play with a few wild cards sometimes. Tomorrow I may need to call our stock broker.
i agree things will be fine. we would have also been fine after the financial crisis, but they bluffed humanity into causing the wealth divide via monetary policy.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:46 PM

1,229 posts, read 858,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
A 2.5 month track record? Solid

Heh.....I've been fooling around with this for the last 8 years or so - but this is by far the best run I've had. Everything went golden as soon as the Japenese turned to negative interest rates. In a 3 week trade with KGC - I netted 92k. And it doubled a second time after I sold.

I'm not sure about you or anyone else, but its literally been like money growing on trees and just walking by and picking it , for the last 6 months down here in West-by-God-Virginia

I sold 12k shares of OAS for 10.69 yesterday afternoon. I bought it back a few hrs ago for 9.81 - by the 3rd of July it will be back over 11 bucks.

The brexit is a gift from the skygods.....

Last edited by At-Chilles; 06-24-2016 at 12:55 PM..

Old 06-24-2016, 12:48 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
It doesn't work that way and you will ruin your vacation every time you buy a cup of tea. Thanks but no thanks. I rather enjoy my vacation.
On a personal level, what matters is what something costs YOU out of your own pocket.

I lived in Europe for three years, prior to the EU, and I "bought" every sort of form of foreign currency and kept up with exchange rates constantly. Sometimes a cup of coffee cost me $3. Sometimes it cost me nearly $5. But it always "cost" the same in German marks or Dutch kroners.

I'm pretty good at figuring out what a European vacation is going to cost me out of pocket. I hate that my husband and I went to the UK not that long ago because I probably can't talk him into another vacation there right now. Doggone it!

Old 06-24-2016, 12:49 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
Heh.....I've been fooling around with this for the last 8 years or so - but this is by far the best run I've had. Everything went golden as soon as the Japenese turned to negative interest rates. In a 3 week trade with KGC - I netted 92k. And it doubled a second time after I sold.

I'm not sure about you or anyone else, but its literally been like money growing on trees and just walking buy and picking it , for the last 6 months down here in West-by-God-Virginia

I sold 12k shares of OAS for 10.69 yesterday afternoon. I bought it back a few hrs ago for 9.81 - by the 3rd of July it will be back over 11 bucks.

So you have just been running good lately? So is it really a matter of learning and reading better or are the cards simply falling correctly? I mean a good 2.5 month run isn't anywhere near a 8 year run

Old 06-24-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I made that much on less capital. No trading platform. Just momentum player.
Im happy for you brother. Everyone with the bullets to make the effort needs to get paid.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
So you have just been running good lately? So is it really a matter of learning and reading better or are the cards simply falling correctly? I mean a good 2.5 month run isn't anywhere near a 8 year run
It's the niches. I just happened to own shale oil stocks and gold/silver miners when they were/are rebounding out of ultra bear markets. Negative interest rates are a gift - they gave life to a dead monkey.

I've never traded a tech stock or a bio/nano/med stock in my life. Sector does not interest me in the least bit. Never shorted a stock in my life. Not part of my personality to wanna short. Made and lost money on small options plays in Uranium.

I have close friend in Oregon who owns a small logging business -- he made over 450k last year trading options on boutique spirits and fast food stocks.

Last edited by At-Chilles; 06-24-2016 at 01:22 PM..

Old 06-24-2016, 01:38 PM

645 posts, read 706,473 times
Quote:

I'm not sure about you or anyone else, but its literally been like money growing on trees and just walking by and picking it , for the last 6 months down here in West-by-God-Virginia

The brexit is a gift from the skygods.....

so how are you going to invest in this gift from the gods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics