U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 03:35 AM

64,704 posts, read 66,206,532 times

Advertisements

and when you are wrong ? i have been hearing the same song and dance since 1975 . we are always headed for a great depression or hyper inflation .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 03:43 AM

740 posts, read 404,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
and when you are wrong ? i have been hearing the same song and dance since 1975 . we are always headed for a great depression or hyper inflation .
I think you need a reality check. So far I'm the only one who is RIGHT and all of you are WRONG. I told you all that economic recovery and real economic growth is imposible until we go thru the dark forest and experience deflation and destroy all our bad debts that we are desperately protecting since 2001. Higher interest rates, that is our medicine, our only medicine. So far nothing has worked, all those monetary tricks and gimmicks didn't work, it made our patient just more sicker.

So why don't you tell us all here what is going to work Mathjak? QE4 maybe, NIRP? Why don't you tell us what is going to bring organic economic growth back to America and the World?

Old 08-29-2016, 03:49 AM

time will tell who is right and who is wrong , not you . so far i can speak for myself and family and we are all doing very well despite what you percieve ..

i don't talk in collective terms , i call it as i see it and experience it myself , i can't speak for others . many who are not doing well are not doing well because of fault of their own and no one else so you can't judge in general terms . .

Old 08-29-2016, 03:49 AM

4,754 posts, read 1,823,829 times
I many are missing the real point about interest rates: the creation of the Fed and their power of the prime rate.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:53 AM

Quote:
time will tell who is right and who is wrong , not you . so far i can speak for myself and family and we are all doing very well .

i don't talk in collective terms , i call it as i see it and experience it myself . many who are not doing well are not doing well because of fault of their own and no one else
You are posting here on economic forum. Why don't you tell us all and maybe educate us about your economic views and what will bring organic economic growth back to America? Your personal material gains in stock market are non relevant on this forum.

Remember, this is economic forum, we don't discuss and we don't care about your family personal well being.

Old 08-29-2016, 04:00 AM

i am not smart enough to think i can solve the country's ill's . i am only smart enough to learn to play the cards i am dealt and stay a head of the curve ..

i don't pretend to think i know what is best for us . nor am i smarter than some of the greatest minds on the subject already attempting to do just that .

but i can tell you with more than 1/2 of all americans having no savings at any point in their lives and the low rates putting more money back in the pockets of americans most are benefiting not being hurt by it .

the cost of money is reflected in everything we do or buy . everything from mortgages ,rents , cars and goods and services are all tied in to the cost of money . even if they themselves do not borrow , their suppliers and competitors do . it acts as a tax .

there is nothing that says raising rates will help things .in fact if was a predictor i would vote the other way. more people will be hurt by it than helped at this stage

the world is just to weak to sustain a stronger dollar and we are to weak to lose any more export business . with wages pretty stagnant it is the savings most americans see because of low rates that is making up for the low wage growth . raising rates will only in effect tax these folks more and hurt wage growth further .

Last edited by mathjak107; 08-29-2016 at 04:37 AM..

Old 08-29-2016, 04:44 AM

2,800 posts, read 2,476,735 times
Interest rates should never have been allowed to go this low, or stay low this long. It is going to be painful, but we are going to have to start raising them ASAP, and also raise taxes. The federal budget needs to be cut, and the debt needs to be paid down. The bloated bureaucracies of Washington and the states should be cut at least 10% to 20% for starters. All of this could be done with a lot less pain if the government had not encouraged every company to send as many jobs overseas as possible. That is the heart of the problem and how we got into this mess.

Last edited by james777; 08-29-2016 at 05:13 AM..

Old 08-29-2016, 04:50 AM

let me guess , all increases in taxes should start above your income level lol .

Old 08-29-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
let me guess , all increases in taxes should start above your income level lol .
Nothing stays the same forever Mathjak. Who knows, maybe the future administration will pronounce all those stock market gains illegal since 2009 and you may be give up all your gains back. After all, it's all public money, taxpayer money that has been distributed to Wall Street Gamblers and Speculators with the support of the Fed.

And yes, when rates go higher and Deflation kicks in, wealthy Americans will have to pay more taxes and support the social programs, support the survival of the nation. As I said, it would be very interesting to see what happens to you in the next 3 years.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:01 AM

if i worried about everything that could be i would have hid under a rock a long time ago . i would own bullets, gold and beans .

i have always planned around what was ,what is and what stands a reasonable chance of being and adjust along the way ..thinking this time is different has hurt those who thought it every time , for as long as i have been in the working and investing world which is going on 40 years .

it has been that way here longer than that . the pessimists have lost out over every longer time frame in this country . capital is always rational in the end . whatever has gotten in it's way has passed at the end of the day and capital moved on growing the economy ,company's and gdp . those who thought otherwise were always wrong .

the pessimists can think what they like but so far facts say otherwise .

Last edited by mathjak107; 08-29-2016 at 05:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or