Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 07:02 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,018,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
Now there is an idea. Believe it or not there is indeed a whole field of knowledge of economics. As pointed out by the moderator, knowledge is what many of us are looking for. The constant barrage of ignorant beliefs is getting in the way. I suspect a great many people who could have been helpful have given up and left this forum.
It's an age in which too many have been lured into a puppet show of anti-intellectualism. Actual experts are merely elites who are out of touch with mainstream America. Our true heroes in this world are talking-head loudmouths with no talent or training in anything but deceit.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:04 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,287 times
Yes here is a little agit for the never believer ....We are drenched in debt! We must pay the interest on the debt ( the later barely affordable at present) In fairness we little non impacting pawns in this lesson in negative compounding can do little to alter the pre crash reality. And fools like me just rant about it without a solution or without a fix . We need smarter than we's eh? I think that Trump might be the savior or at least capable of diluting the debt but although needs about 136 years could dent it in four? He will get prodigy financial guru's on board far more sharper then him to address this issue . ALWAYS HIRE SMARTER PEOPLE THAN YOU . This is how I succeeded as a manager I hired people ten times smarter than I and we won!!

Old 11-22-2016, 07:21 AM

The word "debt" all by itself is an object of fear for some. Never mind that the nation was born of debt and has been happily accruing and managing debt now since 1836.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:58 AM

1,766 posts, read 1,223,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
They're going to raise again in December
If our Fed wanted to raise rates in December why not say so......why not simply say "we are going to raise rates next month, we are going to raise rates in December".

The Fed is lost in the woods, clueless of what to do next. These clowns are not leaders, they are followers. Real leaders lead and sometimes do unpopular things, just like Paul Volcker did. He was a leader and jokers like Yellen, Bernanke are just followers and clowns!!!!!

Old 11-22-2016, 09:03 AM

Many of us have different ideas of what a clown is from yours. And of course, it's the Board that makes these calls, not simply the Chair.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
Now there is an idea. Believe it or not there is indeed a whole field of knowledge of economics. As pointed out by the moderator, knowledge is what many of us are looking for. The constant barrage of ignorant beliefs is getting in the way. I suspect a great many people who could have been helpful have given up and left this forum.
Yes, we all have witnessed where those so called "economic experts" have taken us and how debt doesn't matter. Well, I guess we will learn very soon that "debt does matter", that debt is not as same as cash, that you can't get to prosperity by taking more and more debt and destroying our kids and grandkids future!!!!!

So called experts have failed us. There is a reason Donald Trump won this election, he is NOT a professional politician. Donald Trump has no experience in politics and he won, he was not an expert.

People are getting tired all over the world of those so called experts who are more clueless then anyone else. Just look at those economists today, clueless at what needs to be done next, some of them are still advocating for those same failed policies and more and more debt.

Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting the same result. So much about those so called experts and trained economists who all went to same schools and learned from the same creed. These people can't even think outside of the box, can't think rationally, don't even understand basic laws of mother nature.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting the same result.
Close, but actually the saying refers to expectations of a DIFFERENT result.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:17 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
Yes, we all have witnessed where those so called "economic experts" have taken us and how debt doesn't matter. Well, I guess we will learn very soon that "debt does matter", that debt is not as same as cash, that you can't get to prosperity by taking more and more debt and destroying our kids and grandkids future!!!!!

So called experts have failed us. There is a reason Donald Trump won this election, he is NOT a professional politician. Donald Trump has no experience in politics and he won, he was not an expert.

People are getting tired all over the world of those so called experts who are more clueless then anyone else. Just look at those economists today, clueless at what needs to be done next, some of them are still advocating for those same failed policies and more and more debt.

Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting the same result. So much about those so called experts and trained economists who all went to same schools and learned from the same creed. These people can't even think outside of the box, can't think rationally, don't even understand basic laws of mother nature.
You're right. So I vote for you. The Know Nothing Party!

(lol)

Old 11-22-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
You're right. So I vote for you. The Know Nothing Party!

(lol)
I know how to think and that makes me more credible to undertand how economy works then someone who just obtained a degree in Economics. I attended a very prominent school, received very good education, but that doesn't mean anything unless you know how to think, unless you are able to think rationaly and use both left and right brain.

Most people can't do that, most people are one sided and use only ones side of the brain.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:46 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
It's an age in which too many have been lured into a puppet show of anti-intellectualism. Actual experts are merely elites who are out of touch with mainstream America. Our true heroes in this world are talking-head loudmouths with no talent or training in anything but deceit.
^This is a strong contender for to-the-point, post of the year. Keep it up and have a rep.
[edit] Alas, "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pub-911 again"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics