Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 02:54 PM

1,766 posts, read 1,217,001 times

Advertisements

As I said before, we have been in depression since 2001 and many Americans feel it everyday, everyone besides the ones our Fed chose to protect and reward - prolong few years of cushion for them at the cost of our future.

Look what is happening in America and in the World. This is not a recovery, this was a SCAM engineered by the Fed to protect the Rich and Wall Street Crooks. World is drowning in debt, America is the biggest debtor in the history of the world, we are BROKE and we live in denial.

One day all of you will have to explain to your kids and grandkids how YOUR ignorance and your GREED has destroyed their future and left them with all this debt.....$20 trillion and counting!!!!

Good Luck and Happy New Year

Old 12-31-2016, 02:57 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,622,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
LOL! About 95 million working age people are not in the labor force. Among those, there are just 5 million who say they want a job. The other 90 million do not want a job. Any job. They are fine just the way they are.
Boomer here. I put in my 50 years in the work force. Offer me a job and I'll tell you where you can stuff it.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Amazing how spoiled Americans are, that think that any small move on the economy is a "Great depression"

When you see lines of people waiting for the government to give them food
That's when you'll know we are in a "Great depression"
And when you see megabanks waiting in line for a government handout.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:48 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,948,994 times
We are living off of debt issued by a large credit card with the name Federal Reserve on it. Very worrisome trends....may have already hit critical mass....beyond the point of no return.

It gets much worse. We have more federal workers than manufacturing workers. Medicare has unfunded liabilities over 50 trillion. Social Security has unfunded liabilities over 30 trillion.

We are drowning in:
Debt
Depression
Petrochemical/Pharmaceutical/Psychotropics
Obesity
Suicides
Divorce
Domestic violence
Crime wave - this time it is law enforcement via civil forfeiture. We gave them a no questions asked carte blanche card to do as they please.
Surveillance
Never ending wars
Incarceration
Drug & alcohol dependence
Denial
Arrogance
Confusion - people used to know which restroom to use
Abortion
Regulations
Lawless government protecting those in power
School shootings - (the shooters take psychotropic medication)
Marriage and the family are under siege...and losing
Unhealthy food saturated with herbicides and GMOs etc.

Few thoughts off the top of my head.

Old 01-01-2017, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
As I said before, we have been in depression since 2001 and many Americans feel it everyday, everyone besides the ones our Fed chose to protect and reward - prolong few years of cushion for them at the cost of our future.

Look what is happening in America and in the World. This is not a recovery, this was a SCAM engineered by the Fed to protect the Rich and Wall Street Crooks. World is drowning in debt, America is the biggest debtor in the history of the world, we are BROKE and we live in denial.

One day all of you will have to explain to your kids and grandkids how YOUR ignorance and your GREED has destroyed their future and left them with all this debt.....$20 trillion and counting!!!!

Good Luck and Happy New Year
If you insist on having children and grandchildren, Nirvana will never arrive. The big thing holding individuals down now is the cost of housing, which is entirely the result of a growing population. If we encountered a medieval style Black Death that killed off a third of the population, there would no longer be a housing shortage and all the survivors would have jobs. Even in the current economy, if you don't have kids you can live a pretty comfortable life. Don't blame some nebulous depression for your personal choices. You did it to yourself.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:18 AM

4,224 posts, read 2,998,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Boomer here. I put in my 50 years in the work force. Offer me a job and I'll tell you where you can stuff it.
You and I have a lot of company. While many seniors do continue to work, close to 40 million retirees do not have a job, are not looking for a job, and would not be available to take a job if one were offered to them. Some people think that we do this merely to help make Obama's unemployment numbers look better. They have quite another thing coming, I would say.

We happily retired people are joined of course by about 17 million people who are not in the labor force because they are currently full-time students and a similar number who may return to the labor force at some point in the future but are presently either disabled or too ill to work. About a further 14 million folks are not working and not looking for work at this time because they have their hands full at home caring for either the young or the old in their households.

All told, that's about 90 million people not in the labor force who simply do not want a job at all at this point in time. There are some 5 million not in the labor force who claim that they DO in fact want a job, but well more than half of those have not lifted a finger to look for work in over a year. Not much commitment there.

Last edited by Pub-911; 01-01-2017 at 06:45 AM..

Old 01-01-2017, 06:36 AM

4,224 posts, read 2,998,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
It gets much worse. We have more federal workers than manufacturing workers.
You may wish to inform you sources that the US currently has about 12 million manufacturing workers, while the federal government has about 2.8 million civilian employees and a further 1.4 million in the military. I'm sure they'll be grateful for this new data.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:20 AM

7,898 posts, read 7,092,882 times
Maybe we need to start reporting these posts to the moderators. It seems that virtually the same post over and over and over again might qualify as trolling. If not it is certainly annoying and kills an hope of real discussion.

Old 01-01-2017, 09:25 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,948,994 times
Government Workers Now Outnumber Manufacturing Workers by 9,977,000

Government employment grew from 22,216,000 in September to 22,235,000 in October, according to BLS, while manufacturing jobs dropped from 12,267,000 to 12,258,000.
The 22,235,000 employed by government in the United States now outnumber the 12,258,000 employed in manufacturing by 9,977,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
You may wish to inform you sources that the US currently has about 12 million manufacturing workers, while the federal government has about 2.8 million civilian employees and a further 1.4 million in the military. I'm sure they'll be grateful for this new data.

Old 01-01-2017, 09:29 AM

4,369 posts, read 3,709,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Government Workers Now Outnumber Manufacturing Workers by 9,977,000

Government employment grew from 22,216,000 in September to 22,235,000 in October, according to BLS, while manufacturing jobs dropped from 12,267,000 to 12,258,000.
The 22,235,000 employed by government in the United States now outnumber the 12,258,000 employed in manufacturing by 9,977,000.
I see you're including city and state government employees. That means we should include warehousing and transportation employees to the "manufacturing sector" since they're involved with the process to getting it to the customer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics