Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 12:56 PM

1,188 posts, read 958,757 times

Advertisements

I heard that auto sales are starting accelerate downwards. This preceded both the Great Depression and the 2007 Financial Crisis. Real estate prices over the past 5 or so years have shot up again while incomes have been stagnant, which basically means a crash in real estate prices is inevitable. Anyone think we're soon going to see a chain reaction that crashes our phony economy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 02:14 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,234,168 times
Nope. We have to have systemic issues and slowing auto sales and a plateauing real estate market is very different from the over-speculation and over-leveraging based off of phony mortgage-back-securities, collateral debt obligations, phony credit ratings and other derivatives. It is much more likely that we will see a stock market correction and possibly a real estate correction. The run up in real estate (both residential and commercial) and rent has greatly outpaced the rise in wages. This cannot continue because it is taking away too much discretionary spending and will affect many areas of the consumer economy, let alone the savings and future spending of consumers. When this starts to affect mandatory spending (food, water, shelter, healthcare, etc) we will be in big trouble, but we ain't there yet and hopefully never will…at least for the masses and for the working class.

Old 07-22-2017, 05:17 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,902,793 times
Auto sales are always going up or down based on a multitude of factors. Besides, OP, you failed to give any evidence that our present economy is "phony". Just more doom and gloom.

Old 07-22-2017, 05:48 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
People love to predict the next recession here.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:55 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,098,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Is the next economic crash starting to happen?
Forecasting doom and gloom sells, forecasting smooth sailing is worthless. Guess why you see so much negative stuff? Fear is a primal motivator, people will click to read about something fearful and how to avoid or deal with it.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:44 PM

4 posts, read 5,343 times
Well, the unemployment rate is low meaning businesses need workers b/c demand for products/services are high (Supposedly). I say supposedly b/c retail is suffering as many brick & mortar stores (Macy's, JCP, Sears) are shutting down locations, so it's not just auto sales. I'm wondering what the employment numbers will look like in the future.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:01 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,016,633 times
I know what the unemployment numbers will look like in the future. Simply subscribe to my grossly overpriced newsletter to learn about this and about the five simple steps you should take right now to protect yourself and your family from the coming calamity.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:19 PM

7,646 posts, read 4,596,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
I know what the unemployment numbers will look like in the future. Simply subscribe to my grossly overpriced newsletter to learn about this and about the five simple steps you should take right now to protect yourself and your family from the coming calamity.
And.... Slow-fast-fast-slow-fast-fast

Sorry...wrong steps. It was a calamity, but my wife and I got our first dance lesson done. Thanks for your help!!!

You see OP, you can't rely on newsletters, you need the real deal. That's what I can provide. Don't send your money to pubs, come talk to me.

Ok, the next economic crash is scheduled on October 9, 2020. It's going to be horrible. The entire world supply chain will freeze up. You won't be able to feed your family and the planet will begin to rip itself apart. There's really only one solution, which you've heard some people already talking about, but in a different light. Mars. Bezos has already sold out his ships, but I can get you seat on one of Musk's prototypes he isn't planning on using.

Now, I don't even know why because it will soon be worthless, but I'll need you to sign over your land and money before then so I can prep the area we are going with supplies for our colonization. The more we can buy before then, the better off we'll all be. So, just PM me and we can get started.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:28 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,344,803 times
Robots are also supposed to take all the jobs away from the middle class and drive up unemployment soon accordingly to Elon Musk and will have to support us.
The end of the world has been predicted long before the Book of Revelations was rough drafted and somehow we humans keep breeding prolifically to where we are the largest parasite on this planet.
I don't have an answer to this question but it seems like Russia, China , North Korea and Iran think that getting rid of the United States seems to be the answer to ridding this planet of the evils of our fiscal beliefs.
Personally, I think that Wall Street will find an answer.
I know what you're thinking, I must be crazy !
But, just keep reading the news.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:45 PM

8,859 posts, read 6,859,567 times
Finally, someone with all the answers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics