U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2017, 08:03 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,057,616 times

Advertisements

So sitting here and looking at some ads for school supplies and other things.. and notice their is alot of gullible people out their and business thrives on them. Not going to name some stores, but i am sure you can pick any of them and see it. Putting items on sale telling people its 20% off retail, when all you did is jack up the retail to offset the %20 and be exactly well almost exactly the original retail of that item. I found the same shirt on retail for 19.99 a few weeks ago, now on sale for %15 off retail, and they put the retail at 21.99 on the sticker. Should have taken the picture and show the manager and world how stupid we look. Is this the new common thing to do now, price manipulation to make us think were getting a deal, when were really not? I mean you can make macaroni and call it something else,but still macaroni. Gas savings is the same. Why do we need to get a card and put cash on it, to save 3 cents, when you can just lower the existing price 3 cents for everybody... HEB is bad a about buy one get another item free.. When your really just paying for it with the existing item. They just jacked up some sausage 2 bucks to pay for the cheese that they are giving away for "free". I see the prices daily, and due to a NDC in places were i have to go visit, i see the BS that others cant. Are we really that gullible to think were getting something, and not..

Another peave.. Why does ONLY lexus owners get free/complementary valet? I find that discriminatory base on the person wealth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 08:40 PM

4,563 posts, read 8,654,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Gas savings is the same. Why do we need to get a card and put cash on it, to save 3 cents, when you can just lower the existing price 3 cents for everybody... HEB is bad a about buy one get another item free..
I don't like H-E-B's Combo Loco's because they force you to buy those two complimentary items. Apparently the price is manipulated enough that the free item is paid for by an astronomical price on the first item and it's marketed/hyped as a "sale". At least Kroger's Buy 5, Save $5 has a wider selection of products to choose than Combo Loco!

HEB doesn't have a card so the gas price is about the same as Kroger's non-Plus Card price. If you don't do your grocery shopping at Kroger, but have a Plus Card, you get the standard 3 discount. But if you grocery shop at Kroger, then every 100 points accumulated on your Plus Card (the 2x Fuel Points Weekend promotions help out with accumulating them) will get you 10 off/Gallon.

Quote:
Another peave.. Why does ONLY lexus owners get free/complementary valet? I find that discriminatory base on the person wealth.
There are Lexus Lanes everywhere now. It's hard to keep the cost-of-living low these days in Texas with the highways increasingly becoming tollways. I only stay in my neighborhood, go places where the freeways aren't tolled if I need to venture into the city, and try to minimize my use of the tollways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics