Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 08:46 AM

12,742 posts, read 8,189,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
Whole foods does have a tremendous variety of food so I agree there with you. It has TJ's beat there for sure. I'm just hopeful that Amazon will make whole foods more competitive in price for most of their products. I'll def be shopping there more often!
They already are. You can't just look at price. Have to look at the quality. For example, always buy their 1% organic milk. It's $3.99 and just as good as Organic Valley and Stonyfield and almost $2.00 cheaper. Their organic cereals are just as good as Cascadian Farm's organic options and the other GMO free options. Will agree that their organic fruit can be pricey, but you can split up a pint into three or four servings and during the summer, they have organic local fruit on sale. Just Friday got a pint of organic blueberries for $5.99 and organic local raspberries for $2.50. Will last me almost a week, so breaking that down to almost less than a dollar a day for organic fruit.
If able to avoid their pastries and snacks, can really do well. Spent close to $70.00 for the week yesterday. Mainly organic fruits and veggies and a small amount of organic meat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 09:06 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,851,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Maybe they'll team up with Google, or something, to counter Amazon. Then Amazon will buy Target. Then Google will buy BJs. After which Amazon buys CostCo. A never ending cycle of takeovers. Sounds real innovative.
WalMart is teaming up with Google. Now stop worrying about stuff, smoke some 420, and make love to your wife. Let all the negativity go!

Old 08-26-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Prices were only *absurd* on select specialty items. Can get various products from around the world at Whole Foods. Want truffles from Italy? They have it. Want GMO free pesto from Italy? They have it. Want local organic ice cream made by hand? They have it. Trader Joe's can't come close to Whole Foods. Am a foodie and shop religiously there. Even better than Fairway.
Prices are dripping more deeply for Amazon Prime members. Some price drops are effective Monday and others will soon be coming. Of course when I first posted the news of Amazon buying Whole Foods you said there would not be any price cuts at all. You've been proven wrong.

Whole Foods put itself up for sale because it's business model was failing.

Last edited by NyWriterdude; 08-26-2017 at 09:37 AM..

Old 08-26-2017, 09:14 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,261,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
WalMart is teaming up with Google. Now stop worrying about stuff, smoke some 420, and make love to your wife. Let all the negativity go!
Phew, that was a close one. But will Amazon knock my weed man out of business? The worries never end.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:17 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,353,993 times
Quote:
Prices are dripping more deeply for Amazon Prime members. Some price drops are effective Monday and others will soon be coming. Of course when I first posted the news of Amazon buying Whole Coods you said there would not be any price cuts at all. You've been proven wrong.

He's in love with Whole Foods a little too much. These price cuts are a good thing.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Prices are dripping more deeply for Amazon Prime members. Some price drops are effective Monday and others will soon be coming. Of course when I first posted the news of Amazon buying Whole Foods you said there would not be any price cuts at all. You've been proven wrong.

Never said such a thing. Stated that prices would be reduced on select items and that is still true. Am thinking those Ivy League schools didn't teach you how to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
He's in love with Whole Foods a little too much. These price cuts are a good thing.
Am in disagreement. Some people don't know what quality food is if it smacked them in the face.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Never said such a thing. Stated that prices would be reduced on select items and that is still true. Am thinking those Ivy League schools didn't teach you how to read.

Am in disagreement. Some people don't know what quality food is if it smacked them in the face.
You're horrified by your ability to brag by shopping at Whole Foods is ending. Amazon is saying prices will drop across the board and that the drops of prices on select items on Monday are only the beginning.

Whole Foods failed. Amazon bought them to expand their own grocery business.

Speaking of reading, you need to feel elite by shopping at Whole Foods is so strong you selectively read news articles on the deal.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
You're horrified by your ability to brag by shopping at Whole Foods is ending. Amazon is saying prices will drop across the board and that the drops of prices on select items on Monday are only the beginning.

Speaking of reading, you need to feel elite by shopping at Whole Foods is so strong you selectively read news articles on the deal.
*LOL* Oh I don't know about that. Buy mainly the 365 brand, so am not sure what I'm supposedly bragging about. Regardless of what the prices are, will continue to buy everything I buy now likely because it won't be much cheaper than it already is. Their olive oils and cheese are expensive, so if those are cheaper, fine, but always buy that on sale anyway. Only pay a premium for a few items like organic fruit and organic meat. The rest of their organic products are priced reasonably. Sorry if you think everyone should shop at that hellhole called TJ's with their mysterious *organic* food items that are made everywhere BUT in the USA.

For an Ivy League, can't be doing too well if in need of their prices to drop so much. *LOL*

Old 08-26-2017, 10:40 AM
PDF

Quote:
I used to stop at the BPC Whole Foods on my lunch breaks, otherwise I'd never go in. Certainly prefer the shopping experience at Trader Joe's and other places. But I guess if having food from all over the world is your goal.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:47 AM
PDF

Quote:

I think that's exactly it. Why one needs to feel superior based on where they shop, I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics