Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2017, 07:57 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,569,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
So a modest house is equivalent to a rolls Royce in your mind? Also exact place can refer to the entire planet if you want to be vague enough.
Well of course it does, if it's being used to represent a preference for something expensive and a bucket full of irrational excuses as to why nothing else can be settled for.

You can't live anywhere but this insanely expensive area, for silly reasons such as risk of death because of the weather. I can't drive anything but a Rollys Royce, for reasons such as Hondas and Toyotas don't have burled walnut interiors. We can both suffer together and lament this cruel world, one in which you can't buy a house and I can't buy a car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 08:22 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,722,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Well of course it does, if it's being used to represent a preference for something expensive and a bucket full of irrational excuses as to why nothing else can be settled for.

You can't live anywhere but this insanely expensive area, for silly reasons such as risk of death because of the weather. I can't drive anything but a Rollys Royce, for reasons such as Hondas and Toyotas don't have burled walnut interiors. We can both suffer together and lament this cruel world, one in which you can't buy a house and I can't buy a car.
I also don't want to be lynched for being Asian in the south/midwest

Old 09-21-2017, 08:35 PM

343 posts, read 306,673 times
Quote:
That's not real.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
I also don't want a Honda because everyone who rides in them gets killed due to their smaller size. So I can only buy a Rolls Royce, and therefore cannot buy a car in this country.

Woe to me.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I also don't want a Honda because everyone who rides in them gets killed due to their smaller size. So I can only buy a Rolls Royce, and therefore cannot buy a car in this country.

Woe to me.
A rolls Royce is much cheaper than a house where I live.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventud Guerrero View Post
That's not real.
Not really, I don't play a banjo or believe in trickle down economics so I'm a target.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
A rolls Royce is much cheaper than a house where I live.
Maybe so, but we both suffer greatly due to our "requirements" for specific things that cost a lot of money and ability to discount alternatives with silly irrational excuses.

Just as you can live nowhere else, I can drive no other car. So I'm stuck walking since can't afford a Rolls Royce. WOE TO ME! What kind of country won't let a man buy a car?

Old 09-21-2017, 09:44 PM

343 posts, read 306,673 times
Quote:
Not really, I don't play a banjo or believe in trickle down economics so I'm a target.
Me either and I live in Texas, still alive.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Maybe so, but we both suffer greatly due to our "requirements" for specific things that cost a lot of money and ability to discount alternatives with silly irrational excuses.

Just as you can live nowhere else, I can drive no other car. So I'm stuck walking since can't afford a Rolls Royce. WOE TO ME! What kind of country won't let a man buy a car?
I'm asking for the most modest of houses, your example breaks down because of that.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventud Guerrero View Post
Me either and I live in Texas, still alive.
You must be some sort of conservative if you enjoy living in Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics