Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 05:12 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,696,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Or maybe you're both the same person, and it's a trolling Schtick?

Terrible attitude. Lack of action. One is poor, living in rent squalor with 11 people. The other "rich", but still "unable" to make it while living off of their parents. In both situations, the message is the same about unaffordable living.

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but at the end there it is." Winston Churchill. Non_elite people can't make it in elite markets. Get out.
Investing/saving 3-4K isn't action?

Old 09-30-2017, 05:14 PM

105,727 posts, read 107,717,837 times
not enough if you are complaing about living like you are in poverty

it is like asking how long is a rope . . the only answer is long enough to do the job you ask of it .

Old 09-30-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
not enough if you are complaing about living like you are in poverty

it is like asking how long is a rope . . the only answer is long enough to do the job you ask of it .
Houses appreciate faster than I can save. All I can do is save/invest and pray. Complaining make sure it easier to cope. Ie I save more than the median family makes after taxes.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:22 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,227,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Job security. Plus I would use the opportunity to buy stocks at a discount as well as a house.

Lol. You would need a 65-70% drop in property values for you to buy anything at your level on loan. More like 90% if you wanna buy cash. And neither if those us gonna happen. And you're not time traveling either. Remember just because house prices fell doesn't mean you'll qualify for a loan. That's IF the bank will loan you money. Where do you come up with this stuff dude?

So the only way you can compete is by having everyone else fails. That's your Conquer the World strategy? Oh btw there is no such thing as job security. Just ask all those teachers who keep getting laid off when the finances aren't there. Lots of government workers took pay cuts last time around.

Dude think about this. If I was to move to Westwood I would be in poverty. With my income and assets i couldn't keep up to that COL. This is your problem. You live in a area where it's unaffordable for your level of income. I'm not sure why you cannot get that through your head.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:22 PM

what grew my money wasn't saving as much as it was learning to invest and growing the bits and pieces i did manage to save .

it was the investing that grew the money i needed . a penny saved is a penny earned -but it will always be a penny unless you learn to grow it .

Old 09-30-2017, 05:25 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,593,707 times
Quote:
Investing/saving 3-4K isn't action?
Apparently not in your opinion or location situation. Wait until you cut the umbilical cord, it will get worse.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
what grew my money wasn't saving as much as it was learning to invest and growing the bits and pieces i did manage to save .

it was the investing that grew the money i needed . a penny saved is a penny earned -but it will always be a penny unless you learn to grow it .
I literally made a post that I invest in index funds.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
Apparently not in your opinion or location situation. Wait until you cut the umbilical cord, it will get worse.
I will, once I hit a million.l or two.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Lol. You would need a 65-70% drop in property values for you to buy anything at your level on loan. More like 90% if you wanna buy cash. And neither if those us gonna happen. And you're not time traveling either. Remember just because house prices fell doesn't mean you'll qualify for a loan. That's IF the bank will loan you money. Where do you come up with this stuff dude?

So the only way you can compete is by having everyone else fails. That's your Conquer the World strategy? Oh btw there is no such thing as job security. Just ask all those teachers who keep getting laid off when the finances aren't there. Lots of government workers took pay cuts last time around.

Dude think about this. If I was to move to Westwood I would be in poverty. With my income and assets i couldn't keep up to that COL. This is your problem. You live in a area where it's unaffordable for your level of income. I'm not sure why you cannot get that through your head.
I guess all I can do is invest/save and pray.

People fall asleep where I work and get nothing other than a finger wag.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I literally made a post that I invest in index funds.
you need more income -end of story . it is your move!

how you do it is up to you .

those who want to succeed will find a way- the rest will find an excuse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics