Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 09:05 PM

1,766 posts, read 1,223,628 times

Advertisements

Vietnam shows us all how to deal with Banksters = Death Sentence.
According to the BBC, the former head of a major Vietnamese bank has been sentenced to death for his role in a fraud case involving illegal loans. Nguyen Xuan Son, who served as general director of OceanBank, was convicted of embezzlement, abuse of power and economic mismanagement. Bank founder, tycoon Ha Van Tham, and dozens of other banking officials are also on trial, accused of lending violations.

An outcome such as this in America remains impossible. We actually admire people like Jamie Dimon and Lloyd Blankfein. Those two Con-Men and Criminals are our idols. Theft will continue unabated in America until there is nothing left to steal.

Vietnam fraud trial: Death penalty for ex-head of OceanBank
Vietnam fraud trial: Death penalty for ex-head of OceanBank - BBC News

Old 09-29-2017, 09:44 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,723,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
Vietnam shows us all how to deal with Banksters = Death Sentence.
According to the BBC, the former head of a major Vietnamese bank has been sentenced to death for his role in a fraud case involving illegal loans. Nguyen Xuan Son, who served as general director of OceanBank, was convicted of embezzlement, abuse of power and economic mismanagement. Bank founder, tycoon Ha Van Tham, and dozens of other banking officials are also on trial, accused of lending violations.

An outcome such as this in America remains impossible. We actually admire people like Jamie Dimon and Lloyd Blankfein. Those two Con-Men and Criminals are our idols. Theft will continue unabated in America until there is nothing left to steal.

Vietnam fraud trial: Death penalty for ex-head of OceanBank
Vietnam fraud trial: Death penalty for ex-head of OceanBank - BBC News
We should strip them of all their money and make them try to survive in the Bay Area with a middle class job. That's punishment enough, possibly worse than death.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:12 AM

106,673 posts, read 108,833,673 times
we should make them sit through the endless anti fed ,anti banker , the sky is falling , posts here by c2bp .

Last edited by mathjak107; 09-30-2017 at 02:55 AM..

Old 09-30-2017, 07:28 AM

4,369 posts, read 3,723,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
we should make them sit through the endless anti fed ,anti banker , the sky is falling , posts here by c2bp .
I wouldn't mind that crash so I can rise out of poverty.

Old 09-30-2017, 07:30 AM

well if we each had our wish as to what is best for them i say bring back QE3 AND 4

Old 09-30-2017, 07:30 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
It's funny. While the wallstreeters bear a lot of the responsibility, I never hear about calling for the heads of the people who gave the loans or (especially) the people who took loans they knew they couldn't afford.

Old 09-30-2017, 07:32 AM

it is always so easy to blame others for what you fail at or do wrong. you know the deal .

which reminds me , i don't remember seeing freemkt in a while posting .

Old 09-30-2017, 07:59 AM

7,650 posts, read 4,599,879 times
You realize Jamie Dimon is respected in part because he has amazing access to one of the world's largest banks and DOESN'T pilfer it for himself.

Don't get me wrong, I have NO love for Chase bank. They seem to be quite content in mis-serving that large bulk of retail clientele that's not making money for them and they can be ridiculous a-holes even when your running a large procurement card program with them. The robo-forclosing was terrible. They've proven time and time again to have a narrow self-interest that is more acute than others with a trading desk that can take more than a passive role in the markets.

Earlier, in the 80's, I know they used to steal from escrow accounts of home owners.

So, when there's an option, and there normally is, I do not work with Chase Bank. I would encourage people not to go to that institution.

However, there's a marked difference between someone sitting atop a sleazy bank and being paid what a Board has approved and some dude pilfering a bank in SE Asia for their direct good. For a sleazy bank, the goal would be to fine them and break them into smaller pieces. For someone pilfering away a country's treasury, go ahead and execute for that.

See the difference Robespierre?

Old 09-30-2017, 08:04 AM

1,387 posts, read 1,071,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
We should strip them of all their money and make them try to survive in the Bay Area with a middle class job. That's punishment enough, possibly worse than death.
How would we keep them from taking steps to better their situations? Any ideas?

Old 09-30-2017, 08:04 AM

all the major banks have skeletons in their closet . i use the ones that offer me the best deals and perks . if it is chase so be it. i love taking their money for opening accounts and credit card perks .

i believe the same thing in my investing . keep your thoughts about what is socially responsible out of your decisions and if you feel so strongly give the profits to your charity .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics