U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Besides eBay, which one alternative is the best to sell your items?
Amazon 3 50.00%
Bonanza 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 10:58 AM

15 posts, read 5,061 times

Advertisements

Sales were really slow on my eBay for a long while now and I'm thinking of taking them elsewhere on a another site.

I did my research some few days ago and I believe Amazon & Bonanza could be the new sites to do so because of what it has that eBay doesn't in some aspects such as really cheaper fees, items getting exposure abroad the internet, en cetera.

For those who aren't familiar with Bonanza, here's this site: https://www.bonanza.com/

For those who have experience selling on those sites, is it better than eBay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 11:16 AM

2,187 posts, read 1,533,535 times
I tried to sell something on eBay, and the person claim never got it. After that, I gave up on eBay. Aamzon so far so good for me.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:36 AM

3,535 posts, read 2,692,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbam4789 View Post
Sales were really slow on my eBay for a long while now and I'm thinking of taking them elsewhere on a another site.

I did my research some few days ago and I believe Amazon & Bonanza could be the new sites to do so because of what it has that eBay doesn't in some aspects such as really cheaper fees, items getting exposure abroad the internet, en cetera.

For those who aren't familiar with Bonanza, here's this site: https://www.bonanza.com/

Amazon fees are higher than Ebay's, not sure about Bonanza since I never used that site.

Generally speaking,

Amazon is good for "new condition items" that are "gift ready" and used books. Other items can be difficult although not impossible. Return rates are very high on Amazon since they have a "no questions asked" return policy for 30 days.

Ebay has lower fees and less risk of returns. Ebay also allows you to challenge returns although that doesn't mean you will win the case.

BTW, Bonanza is mostly just listings that have been exported by ebay sellers. There are apps out there that can transfer/duplicate your ebay store onto Bonanza.

IMO its best to sell on Amazon and Ebay. Each site has their strengths and its always wise to spread your risk around when possible. (i.e. don't put all your eggs on one basket)

Old 01-25-2018, 11:54 AM

429 posts, read 284,498 times
I say craigslist. Sell it and forget it.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
I tried to sell something on eBay, and the person claim never got it. After that, I gave up on eBay. Aamzon so far so good for me.
OMG. You have no idea how much I hate dealing with these self-righteous customers on eBay! The information is right in front of them when looking at the item yet they come acting stupid and trying to taking advantage. That's the crap that makes me want to quit eBay.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:40 PM

Seeing some good replies on this thread so far and I want to thank those participating. Anybody else who wants to have their input here is welcome.

Just a little additional info or clarification I want add from the initial post: I neglected to mention that what site do I have a better chance of selling and get it done.

Now lastly and this maybe be bit off-topic or whatever, is there ANY OTHER site than the three I mentioned that will give me a better shot as well.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:09 PM

2,187 posts, read 1,533,535 times
Quote:
OMG. You have no idea how much I hate dealing with these self-righteous customers on eBay! The information is right in front of them when looking at the item yet they come acting stupid and trying to taking advantage. That's the crap that makes me want to quit eBay.
Exactly, and I wasn't even selling a lot. It was actually a testing too. I still have more of the stuff that I wanted to sell, but I decided why bother with these people. On top of that, if people would do something like this in the first place, they would likely do it again in the future. So, I don't see any profit from there.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:55 PM

511 posts, read 195,154 times
Quote:

Can't answer your question, but wanted to bring up hobby sites often have free advertising. For example, I can advertise metal detectors on some of their forums. I can advertise shortwave radios on ham radio sites for free. So if any of your items are hobby-related, there is probably a free site for ads. Best wishes.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:35 AM

9,447 posts, read 7,595,884 times
Craigslist for me. I have dumped many items from computers to furniture.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:52 PM

271 posts, read 94,532 times
LetGo and OfferUp are huge as well. Facebook also has it's own marketplace, helps keep it local.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics