U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 12:13 PM

22,674 posts, read 28,559,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I am non-violent. God cursed me with amazing hands and feet, but unfortunately, a big heart.
please post pics of your hands and feet. i want to see these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 12:15 PM

813 posts, read 217,008 times
That is some extremely stupid stupid extreme ****. Damn Trump haters are completely unhinged.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:18 PM

32,107 posts, read 39,170,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruff View Post
The "uncaring" part isn't the problem. The issue is that such a system is economically dysfunctional at the core. Which is why you have never seen a successful country using it, and never will.

The US is becoming an oligarchy. That's the wave of the future. Both "sides" or our pitiful excuse for democracy have been supporting this move.
Newsflash, the US has always had oligarchic tendencies.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:22 PM

5,097 posts, read 1,455,542 times
lmao ...listen to all the naysayers whining about the country. Were they doing this 2 years ago?

Old 01-26-2018, 12:31 PM

9,594 posts, read 9,424,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
lmao ...listen to all the naysayers whining about the country. Were they doing this 2 years ago?
That is kind of the point. And afaik the Doomsday Clock isn't an entirely American invention. It isn't programmed entirely by Americans. That could mean something, or nothing. Are they wrong though? That would be the question, wouldn't it?

Old 01-26-2018, 12:36 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,243,339 times
Quote:
I thought this was a great short essay. It really describes America today. I think a lot of people will be able to relate to what this essay is talking about.

It's very sad.

https://eand.co/why-were-underestima...e-be04d9e55235
Agree 100% and that last paragraph really hit the nail on the head .

Old 01-26-2018, 12:36 PM

22,674 posts, read 28,559,598 times
Quote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ent/792990001/

Look at this. They are moving chess pieces.

Think strategically.

How can the US and its allies respond????

I don't know. I can only guess. Whateves...don't give a **** anymore.
russia is basically a third world country with oil. what a shock that they are looking to drill more oil. its not that complicated.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:41 PM

3,189 posts, read 1,274,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
russia is basically a third world country with oil. what a shock that they are looking to drill more oil. its not that complicated.
The press has people believe that Russia is an enemy because of God knows whatever reason. I don't know. I don't watch the news.

Reality is that the Russia is an enemy because it stands in the way of complete US/US Allies hegemony in the middle east and then central Asia, and then eventually Russia itself.

It's all about resources. It doesn't matter how "rich" someone is on paper without resources. Russia and China are strategically located where all the resources are.

That is the future. As you said, it's not that complicated.

How can the US even engage in war without oil? The CIA even released a report on this. If I could find it, I would source it, but damn, I'm tired of this.

I feel like this stuff is common sense.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:42 PM

6,296 posts, read 10,463,432 times
JObster, don't you think we should be moving away from oil?

I'd hate to think the future of this country was dependent on oil- how backwards thinking can you get? If it wasn't for Trump and his love of big oil, we'd even be further along this year...

Old 01-26-2018, 12:43 PM

5,170 posts, read 4,731,643 times
Quote:
I don't know anything about the author outside of that article, but what about the article did you disagree with?
I'm new to this thread, but thought I'd respond to your question.

The author *has* picked up on a disturbing vibe, but appears to be clueless about the cause or the reasons for it. The US will not fail. We are just experiencing the birth pains of a major socio-economic shift. Robotics will change everything

People appear to be agitated, frightened, angry, divided, disturbed, etc, at a greater level than any time since I've been old enough to pay attention (1970s).

Granted, there are a couple of good reasons to be uncomfortable, but safety isn't one of them. And the reality of our situation should bring us closer to consensus rather than further apart. Contrary to popular belief, there is way less violence in the US than there was 20-30 years ago. People here are safer and live longer than ever.

Is there anything about your daily life that is fundamentally more divisive and anxiety inducing than 20, 40, 60 years ago? Or is the media you are plugged into causing most of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics