U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 01:55 PM

3,189 posts, read 1,273,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
How exactly will I "learn the hard way" how this works? I've been through recessions as an investor before, understand the stock market is goes up and down, and realize that the stock market is currently overvalued.

What endless doom-and-gloom types like you can't figure out is that there is a lot of area between these apocalyptic scenarios you constantly rant about and economic cycles that a properly allocated investment portfolio is designed around. It is a trait fairly common among you doom-and-gloomers, where you believe everyone who doesn't agree that we'll soon have cannibalism in the streets must believe the polar opposite that stock market will never go down and the economy will never have a recessions. It's an incredibly narrow minded attitude to have, and you've got it in spades.

Either way you're the tool who was in this forum telling everyone to get out of equities and into treasuries back in 2015 right before a 34% run, so your cred as armchair economist is about zilch.
I was just messing with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 07:53 AM

3,174 posts, read 2,721,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I was just messing with you.
Do you even lift, bro?

Old 02-14-2018, 08:22 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Do you even lift, bro?
Come at me, bro

Old 02-14-2018, 10:35 AM

2,223 posts, read 1,522,135 times
I'm getting to where I open a box of popcorn before I get on the economics and investing forums !
Even the psychology forums are boring compared to the people on here and over there they know that something is wrong with them !

Old 02-20-2018, 02:01 PM

3,792 posts, read 1,769,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
How exactly will I "learn the hard way" how this works? I've been through recessions as an investor before, understand the stock market is goes up and down, and realize that the stock market is currently overvalued.

What endless doom-and-gloom types like you can't figure out is that there is a lot of area between these apocalyptic scenarios you constantly rant about and economic cycles that a properly allocated investment portfolio is designed around. It is a trait fairly common among you doom-and-gloomers, where you believe everyone who doesn't agree that we'll soon have cannibalism in the streets must believe the polar opposite that stock market will never go down and the economy will never have a recessions. It's an incredibly narrow minded attitude to have, and you've got it in spades.

Either way you're the tool who was in this forum telling everyone to get out of equities and into treasuries back in 2015 right before a 34% run, so your cred as armchair economist is about zilch.
A minor correction is one thing, but we have a big debt bubble. POP that thing and we have apocalypse. Doom and gloom goes away with QE and zero prime, forever.

The market is very afraid of good news, it likes bad news. Bad news means lower rates and QE.

So I think we are going to see a market rally like we haven't seen before. Over valued assets are the new norm. It is bubble or bubble pop. Take your pick.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:38 PM

17,998 posts, read 13,238,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.nationofchange.org/2018/...-rinse-repeat/

Goes into the details of the current debt bubble. Seems like the larger the bubble gets, the bigger the economic downfall is.

Since 2008, the U.S. GDP grew by 35% while the stock market grew by 270%. Does that sound reasonable?
An obvious nutter.

There's no relationship between asset prices and GDP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or