U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 04:37 PM

64,621 posts, read 66,129,695 times

Advertisements

so , it is what is , that is your lowest denominator . i fail to see the point . until you have deductions over the standard ones you are getting free money back you never paid in .

i bet you fly the empty seats tax wise . you likely pay in half the standard deduction but reap the benefit of the whole thing . what more would you expect .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 04:38 PM

845 posts, read 360,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
(glare) There really ought to be a glare icon.

If you are a typical wage earner without discretionary income, your tax preparation is going to be straightforward, and smarter tax preparers are not going to be able to reduce your taxes.
so educate yourself, get a job that pays more money, have more potential taxes to pay and then employ one of the smarter preparers to reduce that number.

All possible in America, if you really want it.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:49 PM

6,695 posts, read 7,355,028 times
Quote:

If you are a typical wage earner without discretionary income, your tax preparation is going to be straightforward, and smarter tax preparers are not going to be able to reduce your taxes.
So go out and find a way to make discretionary income.

You won't follow that advice, because you haven't followed it the other 7,862 times that it has been given to you on these forums. However, it's the only way that you will ever be in a position to emulate those that you envy.

I have, at last count, 5 ways that I make money - all perfectly legal, and all done without having a traditional job. I'm looking at two other revenue sources right now, and if/when I get started on those I'll look for something else.

Why do I have multiple income streams? Because I never again want to be in a position where a layoff, firing, or voluntary termination causes me to wonder how I will pay the bills.

As much time as you spend posting complaints about rent, low paying jobs, and income inequality, you could be making an extra $400-$500 a month writing articles about real issues.

There is exactly one person who is to blame for whatever unfairness you perceive in your life, and you see that person every time you look in the mirror. You can fix it, or you can continue to complain about it. Totally up to you, but don't expect sympathy from those of us who have made a conscious decision to improve our economic station.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:51 PM

3,009 posts, read 1,023,325 times
The number of posters who get enraged at the OP's every word but are unable to implement the board solution that would make their time here that much more pleasant continues to astound me.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:54 PM

2,243 posts, read 1,388,386 times
Quote:

If your tax preparation is that simple and you donít have discretionary income, chances are you arenít paying federal income tax anyways.

Not to mention, I doubt very highly that you have enough knowledge of the tax code to question aspects of it.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:25 PM

3,320 posts, read 917,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteLiving View Post
so educate yourself, get a job that pays more money, have more potential taxes to pay and then employ one of the smarter preparers to reduce that number.

All possible in America, if you really want it.
"If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving a new one" Dolly Parton

Old 02-11-2018, 06:35 PM

16,493 posts, read 17,525,712 times
Quote:
Nobody is claiming that ignorance of the law is pleaded to escape liability.

The financial planner / wealth manager who referred to two tax systems says that the informed use the tax code to reduce their liability, i.e. the uninformed pay more taxes than they need pay.
But they both use the same tax code book right?

Old 02-11-2018, 06:50 PM

6,695 posts, read 7,355,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
The number of posters who get enraged at the OP's every word but are unable to implement the board solution that would make their time here that much more pleasant continues to astound me.
The board solution of ignoring people? I have about 3 people on my ignore list, and that is because they are either extremely racist or homophobic. I won't ignore people just because I disagree with them, as long as they show some semblance of intelligence.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:58 PM

29,930 posts, read 34,535,636 times
I pay plenty of taxes that help support the uninformed

Old 02-11-2018, 07:10 PM

4,729 posts, read 2,259,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
Yet in great irony you continue to make pointless posts wagging your finger at people for making these pointless posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics