Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 05:33 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times

Advertisements

it's basically become whatever drivel he spews, do the opposite. Clueless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 05:42 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
it's basically become whatever drivel he spews, do the opposite. Clueless
Like when I accurately predicted the top of the stock market?

Old 02-17-2018, 05:54 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Yeah, I was lazy yesterday, but it doesn't matter what the articles say. The fraud will be perpetuated. It's almost time, so I have no problem because the banks will validate me with their behavior.

I didn't look hard enough to find examples of them selling, but they will. I mean, banks aren't stupid. The consumer is squeezed. That's exactly what I would do. Let the market crash, buy up houses for pennies, rent them out.

Easiest way to make money. Over 9 million households pay 50% of their income towards mortgage and rent. This is EASY money for banks.

So like I said, it doesn't matter what the articles say. I'll get validated by their actions. It's almost time.
I've never heard of a bank writing a mortgage where mortgage + taxes + insurance was 50% of someone's gross pay. They couldn't possibly bundle it up and sell it on the secondary market through Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.

A bank doesn't hold a gun to your head and insist you buy a car you can't afford, or max out your credit cards, or take out a mortgage on a home at the top of the real estate market when you have shaky employment.

I can make up stuff, too. Over 9 million people are too stupid to post on message boards but do so anyways.

Old 02-17-2018, 05:58 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
My investment portfolio is back to where it was a month ago. With the juiced economy, it's pretty unlikely that the top of the stock market for 2018 was in January. That doesn't mean there isn't another Great Recession or worse coming eventually but the global economy is growing in 2018.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
My investment portfolio is back to where it was a month ago. With the juiced economy, it's pretty unlikely that the top of the stock market for 2018 was in January. That doesn't mean there isn't another Great Recession or worse coming eventually but the global economy is growing in 2018.
You're probably right, but it was the top at the time.

Regarding households, it's actually 19 million paying 50% or more.

39 million households are paying more for housing than they can afford - Jun. 16, 2017

Old 02-17-2018, 06:28 AM

106,658 posts, read 108,810,853 times
Quote:
Yeah, I was lazy yesterday, but it doesn't matter what the articles say. The fraud will be perpetuated. It's almost time, so I have no problem because the banks will validate me with their behavior.

I didn't look hard enough to find examples of them selling, but they will. I mean, banks aren't stupid. The consumer is squeezed. That's exactly what I would do. Let the market crash, buy up houses for pennies, rent them out.

Easiest way to make money. Over 9 million households pay 50% of their income towards mortgage and rent. This is EASY money for banks.

So like I said, it doesn't matter what the articles say. I'll get validated by their actions. It's almost time.
case in point. if it looks like bad news post it . as long as it is something negative what the heck , i don't even have to read it

Old 02-17-2018, 06:42 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,574,122 times
Quote:
You're probably right, but it was the top at the time.
Yes you have predicted 74 of the previous 3 stock market tops, nice work.

Old 02-17-2018, 07:45 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,583,182 times
Quote:
Let’s not get out of line with the reality of it all. You’ve made calls over and over and over again over the course of many years and finally catch one and now you are running around spouting off that you called it? Get real. If I say every morning I believe the market it going to be up today and I repeat it everyday I’m going to be right, a lot.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Let’s not get out of line with the reality of it all. You’ve made calls over and over and over again over the course of many years and finally catch one and now you are running around spouting off that you called it? Get real. If I say every morning I believe the market it going to be up today and I repeat it everyday I’m going to be right, a lot.
You know, you're not a bad dude at all. In the future, I will consider your comments.

I was actually surprised it took this long for someone to say anything given the fact that you were right, I didn't read any of the articles.

You never fail to disappoint and I feel like that's a positive service your provide for this forum. This post was more for entertainment purposes than anything, although it's true that I feel like I will be validated by the banker's behavior.

Check out how many times Citadel has been cited for "wash trading." That's how they make money. Look at the fines they pay. BFD, right? I just don't trust bankers. In fact, I don't think wash trading is even against the law anymore. I believe they call it "self-trading" now. They did a lot of that before the crash of 1929.

If you noticed, I just received my first gold star, so I am excelling in my ability to keep people entertained.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:21 AM

106,658 posts, read 108,810,853 times
Entertained as in reading fiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics