U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2018, 11:41 AM

51 posts, read 25,159 times

Advertisements

I live in Ireland but stumbled across The Keiser Report presented by journalist and economist, Max Keiser who co-anchors the show with his wife Stacy Herbert.

As comical as the show is, they do talk about serious economics issues and without him, I would be far more 'illiterate' (not really the best word since I learn little but much more unaware of the economy) than I am today.

I can see why some people don't like him apart from his crazy personality, one thing that I bet a lot of people on this forum will pick up on are his conspiracy theories that he sometimes spouts out. Not really to the
'tinfoil hat' degree but I guess you can say that since he's on what can be considered an anti-American TV show, Russia Today, he must inevitably hold positions that are anti-American even if they border on paranoid, conspiracy theories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 11:44 AM

67 posts, read 42,176 times
I usually catch his show on line. I enjoy it, plus I love a good conspiracy.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:16 PM

2,154 posts, read 795,391 times
This raises a question that nobody talks about: Would the US take overt action against Russia for Economic reasons, or for Humanitarian, or National Security, or "to send the right message", or defense of an ally, or pising contest, or some trivial slight, or win congressional votes, or what? How high is Economic on the priority list of reasons for belligerence?

Old 04-16-2018, 09:35 PM

6,996 posts, read 6,629,325 times
His kind of show had populist appeal when the economy was poor and the reporting on economic inequality, financial sector misconduct, etc. was swept under the rug after the bailouts. The Feds even went after WSO and tried to have them branded a domestic terrorist group. There are better places to get informed. TV with its short format is not one of them. Wall Street on Parade often has reports on financial misconduct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics