U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 07:51 AM

5,607 posts, read 4,163,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Not sure what sector your in, but the sector I am in, hasnt given raises enough to support the 2% COL increase we get shoved down our throats.

If you get a raise than more power to you, but again bills will always get higher faster then your paychecks will. Something will always offset your wage increase rather you gain another bill or stay staus quo, thus you gain nothing. Never fails.
That hasnít been my experience at all. If it was Iíd still be living in the crap apartment I rented right out of college. Since Iím not, clearly my income has risen significantly over the years. Also, I shop my expenses regularly looking for savings. I donít have to, but I always want the best value for my money. If that means changing providers for things like insurance, Internet/cable, cell phones then I do. I also look for the lowest price I can find on any purchase Iím considering. Again, I donít have to anymore, but itís just ingrained in me to spend wisely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics