Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 08:25 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,781,536 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrJH8SOOR6k

What do you guys think? Fear mongering or any valid points? I'm fully expecting a pullback of 15-30% but that isn't crazy in the scheme of things. Even if we pullback 30% (which is an IF) i'm expecting a good buying opportunity and I also expect the market to swiftly start rising up again after the consolidation just like it did in 08-09 so what's the big deal here?

Now watching these videos he seems to suggest a crash which I think is more like 50-60% which would be crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 08:09 AM

665 posts, read 612,865 times
There are some valid points he made. I've been watching Bloomberg constantly since the beginning of the year and there are a number of people who've appeared and talked about the upcoming bear market. My only question about is where do you put your money at now. There's still some steam to this bull market and it maybe on its last legs. Who knows. Is it smart and logical just to wait 18-24 months for it to get bearish? You tell me.

There are a number of indicators people can use to probably time the market but when will those indicators show is the question.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:06 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasy973 View Post
My only question about is where do you put your money at now.
First is to distinguish between money that is already INSIDE the equity market vs NEW MONEY
that hasn't been added to those accounts and which is harder and harder to justify just for dividends.

Quote:
Is it smart and logical just to wait ... for it to get bearish?
There is no immediate day to day need or reason to withdraw what is already INSIDE.

But putting new/additional cash into what is basically a flat equity market?
That is tougher to advise.

Quote:
There are a number of indicators people can use to probably time the market ...
Nope. Stick to numbers. Figure out what losses YOU can absorb from your gains.

For most current investors their 'value' represents the bull growth of the last few years
and they can afford to absorb some drop in value up to some point. That point varies for all of us.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:53 AM

13,643 posts, read 9,698,765 times
My initial impression of Phil Town, upon reading his book, was lukewarm positive. He had thought-provoking ideas, worthy of deeper attention. But the more that I delved into his methods, the more I found them to be wanting. Why? Because, in short, past performance is no guarantee of future returns. It's a captivating story, but not a useful investment-guide. So too, with his various predictions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics