Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2018, 07:07 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
WRONG ! ... she wasn’t “another rich white girl” ... nice try though ..

She grew up in Queens and had a rough childhood her dad left when she was two .
She was on financial aid in college aka her parents didn’t give her $200,000 to get an education .

She waited tables in college .. but you assumed you knew all about her based on her race ..

Neighbor: Edgemont Resident MaryAnne Gilmartin, Executive Vice President of Commercial and Residential Development at Forest City Ratner Companies - Westchester Magazine - November 2011 - Westchester, NY
According to her, her step father also went to prison for income tax evasion. You don't think that she benefited from his crimes? Anyway her stories about working at McDonalds and waiting tables sounds like typical rich people's BS. They all say that. It's about as believable as Donald Trump claiming to be a self-made billionaire, after he inherited $200 million from his dad. Anybody can start out rich and get richer.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:02 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Oh look, another rich white girl had to work for a few months at McDonald's, while she was in high school. Then her parents gave her $200,000 to get an education, so she would never ever have to do that again. Obviously that proves that a poor kid from the ghetto could accomplish the same thing on a $3.35 an hour job.

It doesn't cost $200,000 to get an education, unless you're attending a private Ivy League school.

All ghetto kids qualify for the $6,095 free Pell Grant, plus free State educational grants which can cover the cost of tuition at many schools, and if not, then borrowing and additional $1,000 to $2,000 using student loans to cover the costs is appropriate, and will not economically harm a student.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:36 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Go to school,learn a trade, and get a good paying job.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:38 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It doesn't cost $200,000 to get an education, unless you're attending a private Ivy League school.

All ghetto kids qualify for the $6,095 free Pell Grant, plus free State educational grants which can cover the cost of tuition at many schools, and if not, then borrowing and additional $1,000 to $2,000 using student loans to cover the costs is appropriate, and will not economically harm a student.
You don't even need to be Ghetto. Well...I consider myself not. I received pell grant all the way until a few years ago. I think by the time my husband rached 69k a year , I got my tuition paid for at the community college. After that I used stafford loans with low interest rate 4% something.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:18 PM

20 posts, read 20,238 times
Quote:

Your types are almost TOO predictable.

No concern for reality, just pure ideological drivel cast down from your decrepit church balcony.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:18 PM

229 posts, read 423,774 times
Sometimes, it is 3 times the rent. Almost impossible to find a even remotely decent place to live.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:

She went to Fordham University. $50,601 a year for four years, you add it up. That is just for tuition & fees. No way in hell did she pay for that waiting tables. Her rich tax evading step dad paid for it for her, probably with the money he cheated the government out of. This nonsense about rich people working their way through school is getting old and it is an insult to people who actually do work their way through school.

2018 Costs of Attendance _ Fordham University

Old 06-19-2018, 10:38 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
According to her, her step father also went to prison for income tax evasion. You don't think that she benefited from his crimes? Anyway her stories about working at McDonalds and waiting tables sounds like typical rich people's BS. They all say that. It's about as believable as Donald Trump claiming to be a self-made billionaire, after he inherited $200 million from his dad. Anybody can start out rich and get richer.
No I don’t think she benefited from her step father going to prison .
You don’t have any evidence that the information in the article isn’t accurate.

Also no not anyone can turn say a million into billions .

Look at all the people that inherit money and go broke or the lotto winners that go broke .

Old 06-19-2018, 10:41 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
She went to Fordham University. $50,601 a year for four years, you add it up. That is just for tuition & fees. No way in hell did she pay for that waiting tables. Her rich tax evading step dad paid for it for her, probably with the money he cheated the government out of. This nonsense about rich people working their way through school is getting old and it is an insult to people who actually do work their way through school.

2018 Costs of Attendance _ Fordham University
You didn’t read the article obviously . Her shady step dad almost blew her chances of getting her scholarship.
You are just making stuff up now . Her step dad didn’t pay for her college .

“I got awarded a big aid package to Fordham, but they almost took it back—I found out from my scholarship officer that I owned two motorcycles and three cars,” she says. “They were my stepdad’s. To avoid having the Feds take them, in a burst of selfishness, he’d transferred them into my name without telling me, and almost blew my financial aid.” Fortunately, the matter was cleared up. She packed her bags, moved out, and began the rest of her life.”

Old 06-19-2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You didn’t read the article obviously . Her shady step dad almost blew her chances of getting her scholarship.
You are just making stuff up now . Her step dad didn’t pay for her college .

“I got awarded a big aid package to Fordham, but they almost took it back—I found out from my scholarship officer that I owned two motorcycles and three cars,” she says. “They were my stepdad’s. To avoid having the Feds take them, in a burst of selfishness, he’d transferred them into my name without telling me, and almost blew my financial aid.” Fortunately, the matter was cleared up. She packed her bags, moved out, and began the rest of her life.”
Yeah, he almost blew it for her by giving her all the proceeds from his tax evasion, so the government wouldn't take it. Do you really think the motorcycles and cars are all he gave her? If you do I have a bridge somewhere to sell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics