U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 09:44 AM

22,749 posts, read 28,621,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
That to me indicates an incompetent employer
its funny how some people like to declare other people "incompetent" because things didnt work out perfectly.

hiring isnt easy. inevitably, you end up firing some of your new hires because it didnt work out. nobody wants to do it because 1. its not fun firing people and 2. it means you need to start interviewing to find a new person. but its just not possible to get it right every time.

in this case, the OP can be compensated by collecting unemployment.

i periodically get people who say that they will sue me and say that they have a lawyer. it almost never goes beyond that. generally speaking, i understand the law a lot better than almost any employee is going to and i am aware of avoiding violating it during the entire process. lawyers dont want to waste their time with losing cases (and cases with very little damages).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or