U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 03:00 PM

22,669 posts, read 28,551,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
So boss came over and actually brought his family to pick out 2 pups. We didnt talk work, and kept it about pups and family life.. Personlly great guy, so i over reacted and he was cool about our living situation. He drote the miles i drive everyday, and he was like you do this 5 days a week.. Yep.. so he said we will discuss this next week.. Think he is willing to me let me remote from home 2-3 days a week! so turn out to be a good thing. Thanks for the help and info guys.
guy didnt offer you $1 million to sleep with your wife? what, does he think that your wife isnt good enough for him!!!? what a prick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 09:42 PM

18,975 posts, read 10,032,914 times
well, that's an unexpectedly good outcome! I fully expected a good update that he came and picked out a puppy, but didn't expect he'd pick two, so that's a bonus right there since it sounded like you are pretty eager to find good homes for all of them.

But then the completely unexpected idea that he might improve your working conditions due to this would be such a wonderful bonus! Hope that works out well too and will continue to look forward to further updates (as well as updated puppy pictures if you have any!)

Old 08-07-2018, 05:24 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,026,502 times
Here he is.
Attached Thumbnails
Boss wants to come over.. poor man house-img_0458.jpg  

Old 08-07-2018, 07:09 PM

18,975 posts, read 10,032,914 times
OMG, I just died from The Cute. What a sweetie pie!

Has there been an further discussion about work and telecommuting days?

Old 08-08-2018, 03:45 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,026,502 times
Nothing yet, were talking but their is other things needs to be approved first. .Since i work in a secure environment, things needs to be address and secure first.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:29 PM

2,082 posts, read 792,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
So my dog recently had pups, and my boss who is a CFO of a mulit million dollar company, was interested in our pups. This guy lives in a 500k house and drives a tesla. So he is pretty set for life.. He wants to come and visit me and the dogs, and here im the poor man living in a 75 single wide trailer, in a trailer park.. as some might call us trailer park trash. .But we are the cleanest community around. yards mowed, trailers are kept clean and updated. Just doesnt feel right or comfortable. Wife got mad at me for downgrading us, as we arent "poor" by her standards, but my standards is yea ,were poor.. one step up from being homeless, or one job lost away from living on the streets poor. Any advice? Put this in economics as this about it at personal level.

There is nothing to be ashamed about making the right decision for you and your family.
It might just be in your favor for the CFO to see how you live. He might think of the "trailer trash" idea or he might think it's great and compliment you. It could be his learning moment. You may stand to benefit in some way. like a change in the wage scale for your co-workers and you?

I lived in a very nice double-wide manufactured home for 15 years. The park was paved, landscaped, quiet, pretty, maintained very well, and my home just the right size for me. The mortgage was less than 500.00 per month. It is a smart alternative to paying rent for an apartment. The value of my home appreciated to over double of what I paid for it so a good investment as well.

Don't appear ashamed or apologetic to him about your home. That trailer trash myth is stupid.
There is no need to talk about finances unless its about the pup. Remain casual and respectful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or