U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on Social Security COLA regarding true inflation and current payout not keepi
Social security payments should INCREASE substantially and regularly - to reflect true inflation and COLA amounts for Vets and seniors 47 74.60%
Social security payments should STAY THE SAME regardless of the fact cost of living has increased substantially and these people served and paid in 6 9.52%
Social security payments should BE DECREASED regardless of the fact cost of living has increased substantially and these people served and paid in 10 15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 01:18 PM

3,539 posts, read 1,991,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i didn't get a dime that created the federal deficit , i paid taxes my entire life that went to pay for it so i have no idea what you are complaining about . go complain about your past political parties who regardless of who was in power did nothing . working seniors that paid taxes their entire working lives had no part of the deficit being what it is .

you say that like the people here did it .
https://www.factcheck.org/UploadedFi...deral_Debt.png

My comment is a-political in fact as both parties are part of the causation. My response is generational in terms of the generation in charge and predominantly electing leadership from 1980 - 2010 when the largest increases to national deficit occured.

Furthermore as the public deficit increase the private wealth in this country also increased at a like rate. Therefore the country spent the credit card so private citizens asset classes could appreciate.

You may have not personally received direct benefit from excessive government deficits but your generation surely did. Now you're asking for us to swipe the credit card again on the backs of future generations.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...nd_Nominal.png
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 01:53 PM

2,199 posts, read 2,272,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
https://www.factcheck.org/UploadedFi...deral_Debt.png

My comment is a-political in fact as both parties are part of the causation. My response is generational in terms of the generation in charge and predominantly electing leadership from 1980 - 2010 when the largest increases to national deficit occured.

Furthermore as the public deficit increase the private wealth in this country also increased at a like rate. Therefore the country spent the credit card so private citizens asset classes could appreciate.

You may have not personally received direct benefit from excessive government deficits but your generation surely did. Now you're asking for us to swipe the credit card again on the backs of future generations.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...nd_Nominal.png

75% of today's national debt was created by the deficits of the last 18 years.

I am a S/S recipient and believe the program should be reduced. It has changed substantially since implemented a century ago and is no longer sustainable.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:11 PM

8,285 posts, read 3,454,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
lolololololololo

So the very segment of the population that caused the greatest National deficit in history that receives the most amount of entitlements in history is complaining that the didn't get a raise?

They have essentially completed a dine and dash on our economy and left the bill to be paid by their grand children and great grand children. They then have the nerve to ask for more entitlements while being the wealthiest generation in the history of the world!

Every dollar I pay in SS goes to them and I will receive $0 in the future for my hard work.
Well if you and enough younger voters like jiminnm want SS to go away, it will. Otherwise why should it disappear if our aging voters vote to continue it?

And our kids and grand kids will pay no more taxes than we unless more taxes are levied in the future for whatever reason. My taxes are lower than 30 years ago.

Our National Debt is not going down. In 10 and 100 years the number will be higher. Assuming our nation remains physically intact.

A real Doomsday is very unlikely. Economic/political stupidity much more likely to bring us down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or