U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 04:15 PM

2,252 posts, read 1,395,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Profit is a profit rather its 2 cents or 2k dollars, you already made a profit.

From a consumer stand point, anything over 30% after cost is pure greed. *cost of labor, transportation, salaries. ect.
Do you always tell other people how to use their property?

Just imagine I show up to your house on a Saturday and youíre watching the game on your tv. You might give up watching the game for $500 bucks. I just tell you nahhh $150 is enough.

Youíre sitting home and donít want a room mate. Youíd probably take one on if they paid you 2k a month. I just show up with the moving truck and tell you Iím coming for $300 a month.

Sorry, you donít dictate the price someone else needs to part with their property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 04:26 PM

2,252 posts, read 1,395,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
There are many different types of markets, each with varying degrees of controls in place. The term "market" doesn't imply a free-for-all.

So you think I'm a child for speaking up when I feel like I'm being taken advantage of? Do you often see others as children when disagreeing with Wild West practices continuing in a 21st-century civilization?

The regulations come into play when the irresponsible ones - the real "children" in this equation - fail to exercise restraint in a situation in which they hold considerable influence in an industry. With great power comes great responsibility. You can see the children cry when they are scolded.

Why are you crying?
The restraint is from competition. That keeps the margins down.

Hotels are a low margin industry. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:32 PM

13,127 posts, read 9,214,508 times
"Supply and Demand" Makes me laugh.

The blame for the eCONomic mess lies with a money drought, which is contrary to the belief that inflation is caused by ďtoo much money chasing too few goods.Ē According to the federal reserve dot gov site, thereís only 1.4 trillion dollar bills in circulation versus a 3.9 trillion federal budget. It takes a monstrous velocity of money passing from hand to hand to support that kind of government spending - and - a gross domestic product of 19+ trillion.
When folks donít have discretionary funds, they wonít spend what little they have on anything but necessities.

Are eCONomists shills and apologists?

In my humble opinion, Academia churns out idiots, shills and apologists for the Powers That Be. First, eCONomics is a dismal science, using a variable (money) as their unit of measure. Second, by apologizing for usury, the abomination, which is not only proscribed for 3500+ years, but is mathematically unsustainable in a finite money token system. Due to the exponential equation for compound interest, an infinite money supply is necessary - an impossibility. Third, all the bafflegab, convoluted explanations and theories are a smokescreen for diabolical evil that money madness has wrought over the millennia.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:36 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Do you always tell other people how to use their property?

Just imagine I show up to your house on a Saturday and youíre watching the game on your tv. You might give up watching the game for $500 bucks. I just tell you nahhh $150 is enough.

Youíre sitting home and donít want a room mate. Youíd probably take one on if they paid you 2k a month. I just show up with the moving truck and tell you Iím coming for $300 a month.

Sorry, you donít dictate the price someone else needs to part with their property.
Just same as to business. Main reason why everything is so damn high due to many fingers and fake/huge profit margins.

Just because it cost you 2 cents, doesnt mean you can charge $200, because the market doesnt know better. They take your word that its worth that much if they didnt learn to do their research. I enjoy haggling for better deals because i come in with knowledge on how much its really is worth and how much your being greedy. Knowledge is the power, and doing research on how much a item really cost vs retail can get you better deals.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:43 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,473,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Just same as to business. Main reason why everything is so damn high due to many fingers and fake/huge profit margins.

Just because it cost you 2 cents, doesnt mean you can charge $200, because the market doesnt know better. They take your word that its worth that much if they didnt learn to do their research. I enjoy haggling for better deals because i come in with knowledge on how much its really is worth and how much your being greedy. Knowledge is the power, and doing research on how much a item really cost vs retail can get you better deals.
The one this you forget, you are only looking at it from a buyers point of view. The other side requires a seller. If the seller feels they can get a certain amount for something, again due to research on their part, no amount of haggling on your part is going to get you what you want at the price you want to pay.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:47 PM

1,484 posts, read 334,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
The restraint is from competition. That keeps the margins down.

Hotels are a low margin industry. You donít know what youíre talking about.
You're trying to tell me something but it sounds like it's coming from a working suit thinking he's a temporarily embarrassed millionaire. Or Steve Wynn himself.

What I'd advocating would benefit you, too, if you even spent ONE night per year in a hotel.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
The one this you forget, you are only looking at it from a buyers point of view. The other side requires a seller. If the seller feels they can get a certain amount for something, again due to research on their part, no amount of haggling on your part is going to get you what you want at the price you want to pay.
True, i been told to eff many times when it comes to buying things. Problem with the seller side is they are going by what others are selling at and adjust from their. Just like what gas stations does. When one jacks up 2 cents, the other will do the same, but if one lowers 10 cents they wont do that unless told to do so.

I know some states its illegal to sell things at cost, fear of competition for not getting the same deal as you did. Well too bad so sad..

Old 08-13-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
You're trying to tell me something but it sounds like it's coming from a working suit thinking he's a temporarily embarrassed millionaire. Or Steve Wynn himself.

What I'd advocating would benefit you, too, if you even spent ONE night per year in a hotel.
Not sure where he got his info from because some of the books i seen for a few hotels around here, profit margins are pretty good. average room base on power, cable bill runs about 10 bucks a day. that includes your under the table cash paying house keeper.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:04 PM

3,174 posts, read 1,351,501 times
Quote:
Don't you just hate when people keep saying this? There should be a fine assessed.
We should start a list. I'd like to add "sheeple" and "follow the money"

:barf:

Old 08-13-2018, 07:10 PM

1,484 posts, read 334,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
We should start a list. I'd like to add "sheeple" and "follow the money"

:barf:
I'm on board with that.

- Pay your dues

- Any adages that are only half completed: "If the shoe fits!", "The grass is always greener!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics